Is there a way for Maximo to poll an empty directory for a file(Flat or XML) and upon discovery of a file begin the process of importing the file(s) in that directory? We are needing to import up to 1,000 files at any given time and manually importing one at a time is not feasible. Any other alternatives would also be appreciated.
Pinned topic Maximo MIF Automated Import
StevenShull 270003PYB8490 Posts
Re: Maximo MIF Automated Import2014-01-07T15:29:03ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
Yes, if you configure the FLATFILECONSUMER or XMLFILECONSUMER cron task it will process flat files in a given directory to load on a schedule.
Chris_in_NY 270006ANPG58 Posts
Re: Maximo MIF Automated Import2014-01-07T19:10:22ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
There is some online documention for this. This is a decent example: http://www.xcentricway.ca/tutorial02.htm
We are trying to do the exact same thing, and are only investigating. We have a web app to collect service request data. We want to automatically create a SR then a WO. Here are the steps I have taken so far:
- Integration -> Object Stuctures, create BU_MXSR
- Integration -> Published Channels , create BU_MXSRinterface. Set interface table to BU_MXSR_INTERFACE
- Intergration -> Enterprise Services, create BU_MXSR, set interface table to BU_MXSR_INTERFACE
- Intergration -> External Systems, create BU_DATALOAD_INTERFAC. Set end point to MXIFACETABLE
- System Config -> Platform Config -> Cron Task Setup. Check that IFACETABLECONSUMER is active and scheduled.