Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-12-17T09:38:21Z by Andreas Bott
LeeParker
LeeParker
5 Posts

Pinned topic RDi LIbrary Lists

‏2018-11-29T19:09:22Z |

When I need to add a library to the library list in the RSE perspective, I go to Commands -> Add library to library list.  Usually I do this because a command I prompt in the editor can't be found and adding the schema resolves the error.  I've done that today, but the editor still cannot find the command.  I thought maybe the library wasn't added, but when I attempt to add it again, it states that the library is already in the list.  When I go to the command window to run DSPLIBL, the schema is not in the list.  I then thought that I might be misspelling the command, so I qualified it and the prompt showed immediately.  Am I doing something wrong?  What list is the library being added to?

• SFerrell
    SFerrell
    9 Posts

Re: RDi LIbrary Lists

‏2018-12-03T14:25:58Z  

Hi Lee,

The library is being added locally to the list, but it doesn't impact the Interactive session you start with STRRSESVR NAME(systemname).

To effect that library list go to the connection properties by right-clicking on the connection name, select properties, then select the Subsystems property.

Type the name you wish to add in Library, and press enter. (Select where in the list you want, by default it's *LAST).

Now, retry the STRRSESRV command and your library should show up in the list.

• LeeParker
    LeeParker
    5 Posts

‏2018-12-03T20:16:07Z  

Thanks.  But I'm not trying to affect any interactive session.  I'm editing a source member in RSE.  When I attempt to compile it, it cannot find a command in a particular schema.  Prior to 9.6.0.4, to resolve this, I would simply go to the command node, then "add library to library list" and run the compile successfully.  This isn't happening now.  The library has been added to the library list of whatever job the node is interacting with, but not the job that's running the compile.

• SFerrell
    SFerrell
    9 Posts

‏2018-12-04T11:39:32Z  
    • LeeParker
    • ‏2018-12-03T20:16:07Z

Thanks.  But I'm not trying to affect any interactive session.  I'm editing a source member in RSE.  When I attempt to compile it, it cannot find a command in a particular schema.  Prior to 9.6.0.4, to resolve this, I would simply go to the command node, then "add library to library list" and run the compile successfully.  This isn't happening now.  The library has been added to the library list of whatever job the node is interacting with, but not the job that's running the compile.

Hi Lee,

Please open a PMR with IBM support so we can look into the issue.

In the mean time, please follow the steps I supplied by adding the library to the connection subsystem library list. The compile jobs should use that new library list.

• Andreas Bott
    Andreas Bott
    45 Posts

‏2018-12-17T09:38:21Z  

Hi Lee,

after Add Command you have to Refresh the Libarylist. (Right Click ob Libary List and Refresh or F5). the you see the actual Libary List.

Use the Right Click on Libary List - "Add to Libary List" instead of he Command

Perhaps this can help you.