Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-27T13:44:39Z by goonitsupport
andresmgs
andresmgs
46 Posts

Pinned topic ISAM / TAMeb 7.0 - error "non-spec HTTP headers" after starting webseal for the first time

‏2014-02-12T15:08:47Z |

Hello everyone.

I am installing an ISAM 7.0 solution with WebSEAL in a production network using AIX servers. After a default installation, when I start WebSEAL (pdweb start) through the WebSEAL's log I am reading the following messages each 5 seconds:

2014-02-09-10:04:05.706-04:56I----- 0x38CF043E webseald ERROR wwa http HTTPParser.cpp 2053 0x00002627
DPWWA1086E   Could not read request line.  Possible causes: non-spec HTTP headers, connection timeout, no data returned
2014-02-09-10:04:10.061-04:56I----- 0x38CF043E webseald ERROR wwa http HTTPParser.cpp 2053 0x00002728
DPWWA1086E   Could not read request line.  Possible causes: non-spec HTTP headers, connection timeout, no data returned
2014-02-09-10:04:10.615-04:56I----- 0x38CF043E webseald ERROR wwa http HTTPParser.cpp 2053 0x00002829

And I cannot contact the server using a web browser (trying to connect to the server's IP address to get the Access Manager's web login form, it does not appear).

Using telnet I tested previously to ensure that WebSEAL can connect to the LDAP server and also to the Policy Server (each one is on its own server), and telnet works fine.

Any idea about what else can I look for?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Andres.

Updated on 2014-02-12T15:11:36Z at 2014-02-12T15:11:36Z by andresmgs
  • goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    99 Posts

Re: ISAM / TAMeb 7.0 - error "non-spec HTTP headers" after starting webseal for the first time

‏2014-02-12T15:45:25Z  

No definitive recommendations, but my approach and questions to ask yourself:--

any errors during SAM install and configuration esp WebSEAL?

What errors appear before the messages you show?

Any junctions defined on the server?

Stop the WebSEAL instances? Are any of the ports in use?

If in doubt unconfig and reconfig (only takes few mins).

Best regards,

Vincent Cassidy

• andresmgs
    andresmgs
    46 Posts

Re: ISAM / TAMeb 7.0 - error "non-spec HTTP headers" after starting webseal for the first time

‏2014-02-12T15:57:55Z  

No definitive recommendations, but my approach and questions to ask yourself:--

any errors during SAM install and configuration esp WebSEAL?

What errors appear before the messages you show?

Any junctions defined on the server?

Stop the WebSEAL instances? Are any of the ports in use?

If in doubt unconfig and reconfig (only takes few mins).

Best regards,

Vincent Cassidy

Hi Vincent, thanks for your answer.

- I did not receive any errors during WebSEAL or Policy Server config. The whole process completed succesfully (LDAP install, Policy Server install, SAM runtime config, WebSEAL install, policy server config, webseal config)

- Before this error msg, through WebSEAL logs there are no more error messages (just the config details from the server start, and then this error msg).

- There are no junctions defined on the server yet. This is just a first test after the installation process.

- After stopping the instances, using telnet the ports between WS and Policy Server are closed (connection refused). As soon as I start webseal, both default ports are open and accepting the communication from telnet:

Policy Server ---- 7234---> WebSEAL
    Policy Server <---7135---- WebSEAL

Note that the error appears even before I make a request from a web browser. Just after the deafult instances starts, the logs starts to collect this error message.

The only doubt I have so far is: Perhaps the error is related to a firewall restriction between a web browser (ports 80/443) and the WebSEAL server?

Regards, Andres.

• goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    99 Posts

‏2014-02-12T16:30:52Z  
    • andresmgs
    • ‏2014-02-12T15:57:55Z

Hi Vincent, thanks for your answer.

- I did not receive any errors during WebSEAL or Policy Server config. The whole process completed succesfully (LDAP install, Policy Server install, SAM runtime config, WebSEAL install, policy server config, webseal config)

- Before this error msg, through WebSEAL logs there are no more error messages (just the config details from the server start, and then this error msg).

- There are no junctions defined on the server yet. This is just a first test after the installation process.

- After stopping the instances, using telnet the ports between WS and Policy Server are closed (connection refused). As soon as I start webseal, both default ports are open and accepting the communication from telnet:

Policy Server ---- 7234---> WebSEAL
    Policy Server <---7135---- WebSEAL

Note that the error appears even before I make a request from a web browser. Just after the deafult instances starts, the logs starts to collect this error message.

The only doubt I have so far is: Perhaps the error is related to a firewall restriction between a web browser (ports 80/443) and the WebSEAL server?

Regards, Andres.

Daft question but can it resolve its own hostname ok?

• andresmgs
    andresmgs
    46 Posts

‏2014-02-12T16:39:19Z  

Daft question but can it resolve its own hostname ok?

The hostnames are configured in the /etc/hosts file on each server (all server are AIX). using ping and telnet commands the communication is succesfull between all servers.

Regards, Andres.

• Giri_Daks
    Giri_Daks
    99 Posts

‏2014-02-27T12:55:32Z  
    • andresmgs
    • ‏2014-02-12T16:39:19Z

The hostnames are configured in the /etc/hosts file on each server (all server are AIX). using ping and telnet commands the communication is succesfull between all servers.

Regards, Andres.

I got ERROR when I configured the instance by mistake the WebSEAL was added under a F5 VIP, F5 was pinging WebSEAL to find whether the instance is alive or not, F5 team disabled the setting on their side and the issue got resolved. you can take any network trace if possible to find out whether there are any incoming request to the webSEAL

Updated on 2014-02-27T12:56:24Z at 2014-02-27T12:56:24Z by Giri_Daks
  • goonitsupport
    goonitsupport
    99 Posts

‏2014-02-27T13:44:39Z  
    • Giri_Daks
    • ‏2014-02-27T12:55:32Z

I got ERROR when I configured the instance by mistake the WebSEAL was added under a F5 VIP, F5 was pinging WebSEAL to find whether the instance is alive or not, F5 team disabled the setting on their side and the issue got resolved. you can take any network trace if possible to find out whether there are any incoming request to the webSEAL

but does that explain why the WebSEAL can't be connected to?