Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2016-11-01T19:00:47Z by LuisFelipeBertel
Petr_Filip_cz
Petr_Filip_cz
2 Posts

Pinned topic How IIB track changes done to message flow?

‏2016-10-25T11:11:03Z | change log users

Hello every1, I hope you have all wonderful day. I am beginner with IIB and I have two questions for which I just can't find answers on IBM web. Can some1 point me to right direction?

1) How IIB track changes done to message flow by users? Is there a way how I can read/print change log, where will be written who have done what in message flow or if any1 updated that message flow and when?

2) How IIB handle updating itself? Will be IIB unavailable while patching? How to properly install new version of IIB where system availability should be 24/7? 

Thx

Petr

• lancelotlinc
    lancelotlinc
    485 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How IIB track changes done to message flow?

‏2016-10-31T18:53:09Z  

IIB does not track deltas between deployments of message flows. You should use a source code control system to do that. Several popular SCC systems are available and support native integration with Eclipse.

• lancelotlinc
    lancelotlinc
    485 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2016-11-01T11:04:00Z  

You can run several "versions" of iib, for instance i have iib 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.6 installed at the same machine, they both uses different folders for installation, so when you do an "update" you're installing a fresh copy of that "version". 

Why would someone want to run 10.0.0.1 and 10,0,0,6 ? Sort of defeats the purpose about keeping your runtime updated to avoid vulnerabilities ?!?!?!

The best way to maintain uptime and patch your IIB instance is to run Active-Active scenario. Node B of your system will still process transactions while you process/update Node A.

• Petr_Filip_cz
    Petr_Filip_cz
    2 Posts

‏2016-10-31T09:03:19Z  

someone knows?

• lancelotlinc
    lancelotlinc
    485 Posts

‏2016-10-31T18:53:09Z  

IIB does not track deltas between deployments of message flows. You should use a source code control system to do that. Several popular SCC systems are available and support native integration with Eclipse.

• LuisFelipeBertel
    LuisFelipeBertel
    4 Posts

‏2016-10-31T19:15:11Z  

You can run several "versions" of iib, for instance i have iib 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.6 installed at the same machine, they both uses different folders for installation, so when you do an "update" you're installing a fresh copy of that "version". 

• lancelotlinc
    lancelotlinc
    485 Posts

‏2016-11-01T11:04:00Z  

Why would someone want to run 10.0.0.1 and 10,0,0,6 ? Sort of defeats the purpose about keeping your runtime updated to avoid vulnerabilities ?!?!?!

The best way to maintain uptime and patch your IIB instance is to run Active-Active scenario. Node B of your system will still process transactions while you process/update Node A.

• LuisFelipeBertel
    LuisFelipeBertel
    4 Posts

‏2016-11-01T19:00:47Z  

The main reason was to try out the new REST API (Push to IBM API Connect) in a DEV ENV before deploying it to a TES ENV.