IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-29T10:03:13Z by Daniel_Padrón
syedsaifi
syedsaifi
1 Post

Pinned topic Unable to install Software bundle for Window Server 2008 image. Error [Unable to initiate add of execution bundle to VM]

‏2013-12-03T11:42:20Z |

Hi,

I have registered the Windows Server 2008 image in ICCT. Now i am trying to install MsSql on this image by creating a software bundle for MsSql. I have extended the image and attached the software bundle. When i try to synchronize the image i am getting the below error:

"Unable to initiate add of execution bundle to VM".

We checked in the IBMSCO admin guide and found out that one possible cause of this could be that the script might be returning non 0(zero) value. But we have tested the script on a separate machine and verified that the script is returning the value as zero and MsSql is successfully getting installed.

While creating the software bundle we are using the below attached scripts along with the MsSql.exe

We have marked SQLInst_ENU.bat file as executable while creating the software bundle.

Could anyone please provide the resolution to this issue.

Regards,

Syed

Attachments

• TS@
    TS@
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to install Software bundle for Window Server 2008 image. Error [Unable to initiate add of execution bundle to VM]

‏2014-01-21T13:23:23Z  

As per separate discussion we are closing the loop on this via project communication.

• TS@
    TS@
    12 Posts

Re: Unable to install Software bundle for Window Server 2008 image. Error [Unable to initiate add of execution bundle to VM]

‏2014-01-21T13:23:23Z  

As per separate discussion we are closing the loop on this via project communication.

• Daniel_Padrón
    Daniel_Padrón
    1 Post

‏2014-05-29T10:03:13Z  
    • TS@
    • ‏2014-01-21T13:23:23Z

Hi

I'm having a similar issue here. Could you please post the solution when there is one available ?  I'm trying to do a very basic task, I have imported a Windows 2008 R2 template (with the required prerreqs in the SCO knowledge center), I have extended it and when trying to synchronize it, Im receiving the same error  "Unable to initiate add of execution bundle to VM".

Thanks.