Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-23T00:20:53Z by KBCALL
KBCALL
KBCALL
7 Posts

Pinned topic ClearQuest and Dynamic Pictures

‏2014-01-21T00:02:25Z |

Is it possible to have a database driven picture field in ClearQuest?  I know you can add a static picture field but i have a need to have the picture source be database driven.

• DonaldN
    DonaldN
    255 Posts

Re: ClearQuest and Dynamic Pictures

‏2014-01-21T00:24:04Z  

Do you want to display an image dynamically in a ClearQuest form? I don't think it is possible. When you embed a static image to the form, it becomes part of the form design (same as the position of a text box). If you want it to be "database driven", it has to be a field of a ClearQuest record. Look at the existing data types offered in ClearQuest, which one can contain an image? None of them, really.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearquest.schema.doc/c_sel_fld_dat_typ.htm

ClearQuest does not allow customized client side scripting, so nothing can be done on ClearQuest Web as well.

• KBCALL
    KBCALL
    7 Posts

Re: ClearQuest and Dynamic Pictures

‏2014-01-23T00:20:53Z  
    • DonaldN
    • ‏2014-01-21T00:24:04Z

Do you want to display an image dynamically in a ClearQuest form? I don't think it is possible. When you embed a static image to the form, it becomes part of the form design (same as the position of a text box). If you want it to be "database driven", it has to be a field of a ClearQuest record. Look at the existing data types offered in ClearQuest, which one can contain an image? None of them, really.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearquest.schema.doc/c_sel_fld_dat_typ.htm

ClearQuest does not allow customized client side scripting, so nothing can be done on ClearQuest Web as well.

Thank you for the reply.  I am aware of the data types but was hoping that someone had a trick to get it to work dynamically.  It would be an awesome feature it they allowed it.