Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-14T14:06:10Z by jmasarik
vinodvi
vinodvi
2 Posts

Pinned topic Local Eclipse (Streams studio) remote Streams instance ?

‏2013-08-08T19:44:02Z |

Hi

Is it possible to run Streams Studio on my laptop for development and let it connect to a remotely installed Streams instance on some server for running it ?

I find it inconvenient to do a vnc to some server on which Streams is installed and then remotely program on Streams studio over vnc. How do you pro's do it ?

Thx

• jmasarik
    jmasarik
    6 Posts

Re: Local Eclipse (Streams studio) remote Streams instance ?

‏2013-08-08T21:50:26Z  

Hi vinodvi,

A windows versions of the IDE will be available with the next release of Streams this fall.

Regards,

John.

• vinodvi
    vinodvi
    2 Posts

‏2013-08-09T05:40:31Z  

Thx John for the reply,

Since I am new to Streams, I wish to ask how do you pro's do Streams programming ?

Do you have Whole Streams product installed on your linux laptops along with Streams studio ? Or you too connect

thru vnc to Streams server and do the programming ? What is the 'best practice' here ?

Thx

• jmasarik
    jmasarik
    6 Posts

‏2013-08-09T15:10:08Z  
    • vinodvi
    • ‏2013-08-09T05:40:31Z

Thx John for the reply,

Since I am new to Streams, I wish to ask how do you pro's do Streams programming ?

Do you have Whole Streams product installed on your linux laptops along with Streams studio ? Or you too connect

thru vnc to Streams server and do the programming ? What is the 'best practice' here ?

Thx

We in the support group use VNC to connect to our Streams cluster since we must be prepared to troubleshoot multi-node applications.  If you don't need to work on a multi-host Streams application I can see the advantage of having everything on one Linux box.  I'll let others weigh in about what they are using.

Regards,

John

• jmasarik
    jmasarik
    6 Posts

‏2013-08-14T14:06:10Z  
    • jmasarik
    • ‏2013-08-09T15:10:08Z

We in the support group use VNC to connect to our Streams cluster since we must be prepared to troubleshoot multi-node applications.  If you don't need to work on a multi-host Streams application I can see the advantage of having everything on one Linux box.  I'll let others weigh in about what they are using.

Regards,

John

Realizing that I might have given a wrong impression in my earlier post. My understanding is that this Windows capability is being thoroughly explored for potential inclusion in a future release of Streams, but there's nothing definitive as of yet.

I guess that you can tell that I'm excited about the possibility.  :-)

Regards,

John