Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-23T19:02:56Z by tmparker
RC.Hosh
RC.Hosh
19 Posts

Pinned topic Disadvantages to apply Auto-disconnect and Auto-refresh functionality

‏2014-01-23T12:50:39Z |

Hi All,

Can anyone explain in simple words what drawbacks can be in my project if Auto-disconnect and Auto-refresh functionality implemented for HATS sessions. My concern is that if there is no such drawback when applying this functionality in HATS project then why it is not default selected in HATS.

Thanks

Hosh

• tmparker
    tmparker
    518 Posts

Re: Disadvantages to apply Auto-disconnect and Auto-refresh functionality

‏2014-01-23T19:02:56Z  

Hi Hosh,

I wouldn't say there are any real drawbacks when you use the Ajax auto-disconnect/refresh feature. The performance hit is very minimal since we are only sending a couple of bytes of data over the line to check the status of the session. The reason we don't enable it by default is because if changes the behavior of the HATS application and this may not be wanted by all customers out of the box. Also, since the original design of HATS did not have this behavior turned on we try not to introduce changes like that and have them enabled by default. I agree that the functionality is beneficial but we let customers decide whether they want to enable it in their projects.

Thanks
    Tim