Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
No replies
MarcelHarleman
MarcelHarleman
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Allocations on z/OS

‏2014-04-07T11:26:34Z |

Hi, I am trying to educate myself a little bit on the tool to investigate if a database data migration from Sybase to DB2 on z/OS using IBM Data Movement Tool is a good option for us. I have created a little test DB2 on z/OS to another DB2 on z/OS for this to see if all z/OS configuration tasks have been executed correctly. When doing so I get an allocation error ("bpxwdyn rc=-432") and, because I have debug turned on, the original ALLOC statement. The statement is as follows:

ALLOC FI(SYS00007) DA('A59G012.HARLM00.IDMTLOAD') LRECL(80) DSORG(PS) RECFM(F,B)  REUSE NEW CATALOG MSG(WTP) BLKSIZE(3200)  STORCLAS (PRIMARY) CYL SPACE(1,1)

When I copy this and try to execute it directly on TSO I notice it gives back a message stating MSG(WTP) is an invalid parameter. I have checked the manuals and I cannot find a reference to a MSG parameter for the ALLOC command. Is this an error in a JAVA class or can I circumvent it one way or another?

Regards, Marcel.