Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-13T16:13:14Z by Ken Tyler
Ken Tyler
Ken Tyler
5 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to deploy model

‏2014-05-13T13:15:03Z |

I am using SCAPI 1.2.0.2 and I am unable to deploy a model.  I am using the tutorial data in the mediation tool.  I am able to create a workspace and a project.  I can create a data source, and the Test Matching works as expected.  I can create the 2 metric groups and preview the data.  I can save the model.  When I get to the point to Deploy Model, the option is grayed out.  I have tried clicking other areas in the eclipse tool and nothing works.  

I tried importing the model that comes with the tutorial data.  I can save that model, but I cannot deploy it.

I am running the mediation tool from the same Linux image where SCAPI is installed.  There are a number of messages that appear in the terminal window where eclipse was launched.  I have attached a file with those messages.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Attachments

• MikeCrowley
    MikeCrowley
    25 Posts

Re: Unable to deploy model

‏2014-05-13T13:46:19Z  

Hi Ken,

It can happen that if the .pamodel file is not in focus that the option to deploy is disabled. 

The is the first thing to check before we delve any deeper. 

Can you ensure that the model you wish to deploy is in focus within the "Predictive Insights Navigator" and then choose deploy.

There is a button on the task bar for deploy. Its the 5th button on the task bar beside "Print". When the model(s) you wish to deploy in the "Predictive Insights Navigator" have focus this button becomes enabled. This is a useful indicator to show that you can deploy models selected in the Navigator

Please check this quickly then we can troubleshoot further if this is not the issue.

Regards,

Mike

Attachments

Updated on 2014-05-13T13:47:33Z at 2014-05-13T13:47:33Z by MikeCrowley
  • Ken Tyler
    Ken Tyler
    5 Posts

‏2014-05-13T14:09:23Z  

Hi Ken,

It can happen that if the .pamodel file is not in focus that the option to deploy is disabled. 

The is the first thing to check before we delve any deeper. 

Can you ensure that the model you wish to deploy is in focus within the "Predictive Insights Navigator" and then choose deploy.

There is a button on the task bar for deploy. Its the 5th button on the task bar beside "Print". When the model(s) you wish to deploy in the "Predictive Insights Navigator" have focus this button becomes enabled. This is a useful indicator to show that you can deploy models selected in the Navigator

Please check this quickly then we can troubleshoot further if this is not the issue.

Regards,

Mike

I believe that my file is in focus.  That button is gray, and the menu drop-down is gray.

Attachments

• MikeCrowley
    MikeCrowley
    25 Posts

‏2014-05-13T15:33:35Z  
    • Ken Tyler
    • ‏2014-05-13T14:09:23Z

I believe that my file is in focus.  That button is gray, and the menu drop-down is gray.

Hi Ken, 

From looking at your screenshot i am pretty sure that the model you are trying to deploy is not in focus.

I see from your screen shot that you have the model selected in the "Outline" perspective. You should have the model(s) you wish to deploy selected (ie. in focus) in the "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective.

By default the "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective appears in the top left. In your top left you have the "Outline" perspective.

If the "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective is not visible on the screen you can open it with Window > Show View > other > Predictive Insights > Predictive insights Navigator.

In  "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective view select the model using left click and it should come into focus. Sometimes it maybe necessary to give it one more single click to bring into focus.

Regards,

Mike

• Ken Tyler
    Ken Tyler
    5 Posts

‏2014-05-13T15:49:44Z  

Hi Ken, 

From looking at your screenshot i am pretty sure that the model you are trying to deploy is not in focus.

I see from your screen shot that you have the model selected in the "Outline" perspective. You should have the model(s) you wish to deploy selected (ie. in focus) in the "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective.

By default the "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective appears in the top left. In your top left you have the "Outline" perspective.

If the "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective is not visible on the screen you can open it with Window > Show View > other > Predictive Insights > Predictive insights Navigator.

In  "Predictive Insights Navigator" perspective view select the model using left click and it should come into focus. Sometimes it maybe necessary to give it one more single click to bring into focus.

Regards,

Mike

Did that - no change.

Attachments

• Ken Tyler
    Ken Tyler
    5 Posts

‏2014-05-13T16:13:14Z  
    • Ken Tyler
    • ‏2014-05-13T15:49:44Z

Did that - no change.

I have found my issue.  When I start eclipse, my default is not Predictive Insights Navigator perspective. Apparently I was in something like the Resource perspective.  So, when I created a project it wasn't created in the correct "perspective".  I switched to the Predictive Insights Navigator perspective and repeated my steps.  This is the part that I missed in the Tutorial Guide:

4. In the New Project dialog box, select the Predictive Insights Wizards >
    Predictive Insights Project option and click Next.

I didn't use the Predictive Insights Wizards, so I did not associate the project with the correct perspective.

Thanks for the help, and apologies for the confusion.