• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-08T06:03:47Z by HermannSW
HisNibs
HisNibs
87 Posts

Pinned topic Looped request changes message

‏2013-05-03T09:15:41Z |

Bear with me on this one:

Have a MPG which serves mutliple serviceURIs and endpoints.  One of the configured services points back to the Datapower device and to the same MPG (MPG set to accept SOAP request)

Svc1  --> DP(svc1) -->  DP(svc2) --> End point

In Svc1 I insert a SAML token from an external ADFS instance.  When this message is routed back into the DP the SAML validation fails with a digest value failure which would indicate the message has been 'tampered' with.  If I take the message (unformatted) from the output of Svc1 and replay it using a SOAP test tool directly to Svc2 it works fine.

So what is being changed within the message as DP calls itself?

Updated on 2013-05-03T13:31:58Z at 2013-05-03T13:31:58Z by HisNibs
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    6201 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Looped request changes message

‏2013-05-08T06:03:47Z  
    • HisNibs
    • ‏2013-05-07T15:11:45Z

It appears the SAML assertion has been modified with the addition of Carriage Return characters.  Any ideas as to why this would have happened and if I can change that behaviour?

Hi Neil,

good that you found the problem, but without more detail it is difficult to help.

If attaching the hex output of a Follow TCP Stream from packet capture is not possible here, you may want to create a PMR.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    6201 Posts

‏2013-05-03T16:20:38Z  

If I understand you correctly, both services run on some device.

If so, please take a packet capture on Interface Type "Loopback" and you will see in eg. Wireshark what is going on.

• HisNibs
    HisNibs
    87 Posts

‏2013-05-07T15:11:45Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2013-05-03T16:20:38Z

If I understand you correctly, both services run on some device.

If so, please take a packet capture on Interface Type "Loopback" and you will see in eg. Wireshark what is going on.

It appears the SAML assertion has been modified with the addition of Carriage Return characters.  Any ideas as to why this would have happened and if I can change that behaviour?

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    6201 Posts

‏2013-05-08T06:03:47Z  
    • HisNibs
    • ‏2013-05-07T15:11:45Z

Hi Neil,

good that you found the problem, but without more detail it is difficult to help.

If attaching the hex output of a Follow TCP Stream from packet capture is not possible here, you may want to create a PMR.