Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T13:34:50Z by DanielWagemann
Tao.ZUO
Tao.ZUO
4 Posts

Pinned topic what does Poolsize in CQEConfig.xml 's meaning

‏2013-05-06T16:02:43Z |

I just noticed that in CQEConfig.xml, we have a Poolsize. From the comments, it said that "Maximum number of connections managed by the report server. ", here how can I comprehend this explaination? is that the TOTAL connections to contentstore + reportdb? 

Thank you for all your comments

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

Re: what does Poolsize in CQEConfig.xml 's meaning

‏2013-05-07T11:09:58Z  

Have a look at the following link and its parent topic.  The CQEConfig.xml affects data source connections only on a per report server basis.  The connection pooling for the content manager is handled via advanced environment settings on the content manager service. 

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ug_cra.10.1.1.doc%2Ft_asg_stepstochangedatasourceconnectionsettings.html

• Tao.ZUO
    Tao.ZUO
    4 Posts

回复:Re: what does Poolsize in CQEConfig.xml 's meaning

‏2013-05-07T13:28:21Z  

Have a look at the following link and its parent topic.  The CQEConfig.xml affects data source connections only on a per report server basis.  The connection pooling for the content manager is handled via advanced environment settings on the content manager service. 

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ug_cra.10.1.1.doc%2Ft_asg_stepstochangedatasourceconnectionsettings.html

What do you mean by "only on a per report server basis"?

if I have 2 report servers which set poolsize = 100 for both, then the db side will have 200 connection maxi?

Thanks

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

回复:Re: what does Poolsize in CQEConfig.xml 's meaning

‏2013-05-07T13:34:50Z  
    • Tao.ZUO
    • ‏2013-05-07T13:28:21Z

What do you mean by "only on a per report server basis"?

if I have 2 report servers which set poolsize = 100 for both, then the db side will have 200 connection maxi?

Thanks

If you have two report servers... aka two different machines, the setting needs to be done on each of the machines.  This means on a busy system to each server could connect to the database with its defined limt.