• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-02T00:01:29Z by DP_KumarP
DP_KumarP
DP_KumarP
18 Posts

Pinned topic Datapower XI50B Firmware Upgrade V5

‏2013-04-26T02:53:26Z |

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any known issues list for XI50B Firmware Upgrade V5.0.0.5?

We recently upgraded to V5.0.0.5 from V4.0.2.1 but after the upgrade we are seeing strange results with the deployment to the WS-Proxy.

The deployment policy along with other steps has step to define the Local and Remote endpoints. But the endpoints are not getting updated as per the policy. It works fine with V4.0.2.1. 

SO just wondering if anything has been deprecated with V5.0.0.5? Or if anybody has faced similar issue?

Cheers,

Kumar

• GKReddy
    GKReddy
    136 Posts

Re: Datapower XI50B Firmware Upgrade V5

‏2013-04-29T14:50:44Z  

Hi Kumar,

Probably, you must have cross checked it several times, but can you share your deployment policy export with us? Just to make sure if it has any issues with firmware or not.

• DP_KumarP
    DP_KumarP
    18 Posts

‏2013-05-01T04:17:12Z  
    • GKReddy
    • ‏2013-04-29T14:50:44Z

Hi Kumar,

Probably, you must have cross checked it several times, but can you share your deployment policy export with us? Just to make sure if it has any issues with firmware or not.

Hi Reddy,

I was able to fix this problem.

In the old deployment policy that we were using from Firmware V4  it was having "*" for the Name Match (PCRE).

eg: abcd*

but when tried importing the same into Firmware V5 it was failing without any errors. We changed the Name Match (PCRE) to ".*"

eg:abcd.*      that fixed the problem.

But in Firmware V4 both works "*" and ".*" for the Firmware V5 only ".*" works.

Cheers,

Kumar

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

‏2013-05-01T13:24:40Z  
    • DP_KumarP
    • ‏2013-05-01T04:17:12Z

Hi Reddy,

I was able to fix this problem.

In the old deployment policy that we were using from Firmware V4  it was having "*" for the Name Match (PCRE).

eg: abcd*

but when tried importing the same into Firmware V5 it was failing without any errors. We changed the Name Match (PCRE) to ".*"

eg:abcd.*      that fixed the problem.

But in Firmware V4 both works "*" and ".*" for the Firmware V5 only ".*" works.

Cheers,

Kumar

In a regular expression, * repeats the previous character, and the period denotes any character, so .* is repeat of any character.  I'll look through the fixpack APARs between V4.0.2 and V5, but if anything, there was a bug that was fixed in a fixpack that you didn't have applied, but I have to admit I had not seen * being treated as a .* in previous releases.

Regards,

Steve

• DP_KumarP
    DP_KumarP
    18 Posts

‏2013-05-02T00:01:29Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-05-01T13:24:40Z

In a regular expression, * repeats the previous character, and the period denotes any character, so .* is repeat of any character.  I'll look through the fixpack APARs between V4.0.2 and V5, but if anything, there was a bug that was fixed in a fixpack that you didn't have applied, but I have to admit I had not seen * being treated as a .* in previous releases.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

FYI

We are using V5.0.0.5

Regards,

Kumar