Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-11T14:05:07Z by c_binding
c_binding
c_binding
12 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Informix TimeSeries for new database

‏2013-11-06T12:47:14Z |

Greetings,

I've now managed to get the sample shipped with informix 12.10 to work (dbaccessdemo). it includes the time-series stuff ok.

Question: if I were to create a new database, how do I "import" all the time-series definition? I see a bunch of *.sql files in the timeseries install directory, but fail to see when and how these are executed.

should that just happen automagically when creating a new database? "create database <some_name>"?

• HedwigFuchs
    HedwigFuchs
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Informix TimeSeries for new database

‏2013-11-11T07:45:43Z  in response to c_binding

Hi,

you need to register the timeseries datablade in the database. You can do this with either

- SYSBldPrepare() (see https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/informix/v121/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.sqls.doc%2Fids_sqs_2051.htm)

or

- trough the scheduler task "autoreg exe". This task registers database extensions when they are first used

• c_binding
    c_binding
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Informix TimeSeries for new database

‏2013-11-11T14:05:07Z  in response to c_binding

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did notice though that the "stores_demo" DB seems automagically become a time-series DB in the dbaccessdemo COM script.  Maybe it was "just" this I was missing.

for the time being I do use the "stores_demo" DB for prototyping my code, alternative might also be to use a LINUX box for Informix (plus OAT)