Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-12-02T18:13:04Z by dconnell
Vipsy
Vipsy
37 Posts

Pinned topic Installing Local Help for Rhp 8.0.3

‏2013-09-24T10:12:48Z |

Trying to install Rhp 8.0.3 local help from the archive (.zip) on my computer which is disconnected from the internet. Rhp reports the error "'could not find site.xml file in the uploaded zip file".Tried using different port numbers but to no such luck.

Any suggestions ? is there a manual procedure that can be following as a workaround

• JeanZ
    JeanZ
    312 Posts

Re: Installing Local Help for Rhp 8.0.3

‏2013-09-25T02:30:57Z  

Hi,

you should first unzip the downloaded zip file, then you can see the site.xml file.

see attachment please

regards

Attachments

• Vipsy
    Vipsy
    37 Posts

‏2013-09-25T08:46:39Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-09-25T02:30:57Z

Hi,

you should first unzip the downloaded zip file, then you can see the site.xml file.

see attachment please

regards

I did try extracting the files and pointing to the site.xml but to get the same error.

• JeanZ
    JeanZ
    312 Posts

‏2013-09-26T00:51:24Z  
    • Vipsy
    • ‏2013-09-25T08:46:39Z

I did try extracting the files and pointing to the site.xml but to get the same error.

Hi

Today I removed the previously added local help site info from the list and tried to add it again.

The strange thing is when I followed the yesterday's step and pointed the tool to the right path of site.xml, I got error.

According to the error info, I just put the path info of the downloaded zip file other than the expanded site.xml, I still  successfully add the local site t the list. I can't explain why yesterday I acutally did it but today I was failed. It seems the help system has been changed and expanding zip file is not necessary any more.

Please note help config.ini could be found under 8.0.3\doc\help\configuration\folder, you can always create local help system at any place you prefer to.

Regards

• ultimatejoker
    ultimatejoker
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-09T08:47:03Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-09-26T00:51:24Z

Hi

Today I removed the previously added local help site info from the list and tried to add it again.

The strange thing is when I followed the yesterday's step and pointed the tool to the right path of site.xml, I got error.

According to the error info, I just put the path info of the downloaded zip file other than the expanded site.xml, I still  successfully add the local site t the list. I can't explain why yesterday I acutally did it but today I was failed. It seems the help system has been changed and expanding zip file is not necessary any more.

Please note help config.ini could be found under 8.0.3\doc\help\configuration\folder, you can always create local help system at any place you prefer to.

Regards

If you are referring to the procedure described here:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rhaphlp/v8/topic/com.ibm.help.common.rational.remote.rcp.doc/topics/t_download_help_without_a_connection.html,

there is no need to expand the .zip file. Just point to the .zip file itself.

• dconnell
    dconnell
    1 Post

‏2014-12-02T18:13:04Z  

Hi Vippy,

With Rhapsody 803 you need to add just the zip file and not the extracted site.xml file. Were you ever able to resolve your issue ?