4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-01T12:07:40Z by souciance
souciance
souciance
188 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error-rule back to MQ request queue

‏2013-06-28T16:05:58Z |

Hello..

I have an mpg which receives messages from an MQ queue in a request reply scenario. It then sends the message as a http post via a mpg. There are three rules defined, request, response and error. The response works fine in that the response is sent back to the reply-to-queue (specified in the incoming message). However in the error rule, the error message is not transmitted back to reply-to-queue. 

Is there additional configuration required to send error messages back to the reply-to-queue? Thanks.

Souciance

• swlinn
    swlinn
    1344 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error-rule back to MQ request queue

‏2013-06-28T17:04:53Z  in response to souciance

Hi Souciance,

If you're handling the error by responding with something like a soap-fault or some custom message, then you should also set var://service/error-ignore = 1.  This will tell DataPower not to place the message back on the request queue for reprocessing.  Your response should be handled by your MQ FSH.

Regards,

Steve

• souciance
      souciance
      188 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T07:59:49Z  in response to swlinn

Unfortunately this did not seem to solve it. It does seem something is preventing the rule to send the message back to the FSH and use the reply-to-queue and reply-to-queue manager..

• souciance
      souciance
      188 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T08:59:41Z  in response to swlinn

I find it strange the the error - rule somehow is ignoring the reply to parameters. The firmware I have is 3.8.0.7.

• souciance
    souciance
    188 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-01T12:07:40Z  in response to souciance

Solved it by looking at this stylesheet:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.xi.doc%2Fintegratingwithmq77.htm