• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-02-20T17:27:01Z by mkwan
Andreas Bott
Andreas Bott
45 Posts

Pinned topic RDi Debugger - Breakpoint without Checkmark

‏2019-02-20T16:04:25Z |

Hi Everyone,

i wonder if sometimes when i set a breakpoint while debugging, there is no checkmark at the breakpoint. If there is no Checkmark, the debugger runs over it.

Breakpoint without Checkmark:

(see Attachment)

Breakpoint with Checkmark:

(see Attachment)

Can someone explain, why somtimes there is no checkmark ?

I Know if i set a breakpoint while i am developing and i am not in debugger, there is no checkmark.

I thought the reqirement is you have to be in the Debugger in this Program, but often i can't set a breakpoint with checkmark.

I tried to figure it out, but my result was it is random.

Thx.

Greetz.

Updated on 2019-02-20T16:13:17Z at 2019-02-20T16:13:17Z by Andreas Bott
  • mkwan
    mkwan
    33 Posts

Re: RDi Debugger - Breakpoint without Checkmark

‏2019-02-20T16:42:22Z  

If the breakpoint icon has no check mark, it means that the breakpoint is not installed. One possible reason is that the breakpoint line is not an executable line. The other possibility is that the breakpoint source is outside of the current program. For the latter, the breakpoint will be installed later when the containing program is loaded.

One way to identify whether a source line is a valid breakpoint line is to step over your program line by line. If stepping can stop on a line, then it should be a valid breakpoint line. If stepping does not land on this line,  then we cannot install breakpoint on this line.

If you believe a line should be a valid breakpoint line, but there is no marker on it, you can open a PMR for the problem.You need to attach your source file to the PMR. We need the source to investigate a breakpoint problem.

• Andreas Bott
    Andreas Bott
    45 Posts

‏2019-02-20T16:49:58Z  
    • mkwan
    • ‏2019-02-20T16:42:22Z

If the breakpoint icon has no check mark, it means that the breakpoint is not installed. One possible reason is that the breakpoint line is not an executable line. The other possibility is that the breakpoint source is outside of the current program. For the latter, the breakpoint will be installed later when the containing program is loaded.

One way to identify whether a source line is a valid breakpoint line is to step over your program line by line. If stepping can stop on a line, then it should be a valid breakpoint line. If stepping does not land on this line,  then we cannot install breakpoint on this line.

If you believe a line should be a valid breakpoint line, but there is no marker on it, you can open a PMR for the problem.You need to attach your source file to the PMR. We need the source to investigate a breakpoint problem.

Hi,

i know i has to be a executable line and i have to be in the program and debugging. But the problem is just the same.

RDi is also Up to Date. All LIC PGMs,Options and PTFs are installed.

I think i should consider to open a PMR.

Hope i can reproduce it, often happens when no time is given.

Thanks for answer.

• mkwan
    mkwan
    33 Posts

‏2019-02-20T17:27:01Z  

Hi,

i know i has to be a executable line and i have to be in the program and debugging. But the problem is just the same.

RDi is also Up to Date. All LIC PGMs,Options and PTFs are installed.

I think i should consider to open a PMR.

Hope i can reproduce it, often happens when no time is given.

Thanks for answer.

You can also try the breakpoint scenario in the green screen debugger STRDBG. If STRDBG also has the same problem, please open a PMR against system debug. If it only happens with the RDi debugger, then open the PMR against RDi.