• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-24T21:59:13Z by nicolas.leralle
nicolas.leralle
nicolas.leralle
100 Posts

Pinned topic [ICN 2.0.1] Send an email => As attachment

‏2013-04-25T11:46:46Z |

Hi all,

When an user uses the "Send an email... as attachment" function on a Zip file, the attachment is suffixed with ".dat" (instead of having the 'test.zip' attachment, user has 'test.zip.dat' attachment)

The recipient can not then open the zip file. He has to download the attachment, then suppress the .dat extension.

The document in ICN has the following retrieval name : test.zip

The document in ICN has the following mime type : application/x-zip

Did I miss something in my configuration? Function works with PDF, TIFF, Office documents, and other various mime types I tested.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Updated on 2013-04-25T11:47:46Z at 2013-04-25T11:47:46Z by nicolas.leralle
  • damorris
    damorris
    786 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [ICN 2.0.1] Send an email => As attachment

‏2013-04-30T12:40:50Z  

Hi Dana,

Did someone of your team have a look on this potential issue?

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for the delay, we had a site wide network outage yesterday at one of our main labs so I couldn't reach my test system.  I can reproduce this issue.  If you need a fix before our next release then please open a PMR so we can request an APAR.  If it can wait, then I will simply open a defect for our next release later this year and have someone address it there.

Thanks,

Dana

• damorris
    damorris
    786 Posts

‏2013-04-26T15:13:05Z  

Hmm, really?  What version Nicolas?  I'll take a look at it and if there is a bug here we'll fix it.

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-04-26T15:19:55Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-26T15:13:05Z

Hmm, really?  What version Nicolas?  I'll take a look at it and if there is a bug here we'll fix it.

ICN : 2.0.1.1

CE : 5.1.0.2

WAS : 7.0.0.27

Mail client : Lotus and/or Outlook

JRE : 1.7 U17 or more

Browser : IE9 (even it is not supported yet I tried on IE10) or Firefox ESR10 (also tried ESR17 even it is not supported yet).

Best regards,

Nicolas

Updated on 2013-04-26T15:21:05Z at 2013-04-26T15:21:05Z by nicolas.leralle
  • nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-04-30T09:31:22Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-26T15:13:05Z

Hi Dana,

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

• damorris
    damorris
    786 Posts

‏2013-04-30T12:40:50Z  

Hi Dana,

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for the delay, we had a site wide network outage yesterday at one of our main labs so I couldn't reach my test system.  I can reproduce this issue.  If you need a fix before our next release then please open a PMR so we can request an APAR.  If it can wait, then I will simply open a defect for our next release later this year and have someone address it there.

Thanks,

Dana

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-04-30T13:48:41Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-30T12:40:50Z

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks,

Dana

Dana,

Have you got any information about the next release date?

Best regards,

Nicolas

• damorris
    damorris
    786 Posts

‏2013-04-30T14:10:23Z  

Dana,

Have you got any information about the next release date?

Best regards,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

I can't share roadmap information in a public forum.  If you need to know the target quarter, drop me an email and I can send you a bit more information.

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-05-15T08:36:20Z  
    • damorris
    • ‏2013-04-30T12:40:50Z

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks,

Dana

For your information, this behaviour can be reproduce with "application/vnd.ms-word" mime type. I don't know why this mime type was set by ICN for some words documents, but this is more annoying for the customer.

I may have to open a PMR about this because waiting for the next release won't be ok for the customer.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• damorris
    damorris
    786 Posts

‏2013-05-15T21:08:36Z  

For your information, this behaviour can be reproduce with "application/vnd.ms-word" mime type. I don't know why this mime type was set by ICN for some words documents, but this is more annoying for the customer.

I may have to open a PMR about this because waiting for the next release won't be ok for the customer.

Best regards,

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Please go ahead and open one.  Feel free to reference this thread in the PMR and mention that we discussed this specifically.  If you drop me an email with the PMR # I can make sure it doesn't get stalled in any way.  We can see if we can get this in to the next fix pack which will likely ship around the same time as the next release.

• gaiDnelson
    gaiDnelson
    20 Posts

‏2013-06-24T20:54:35Z  

Has there been any resolution to this issue. We are seeing the same thing with .msg files.

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-06-24T21:14:31Z  

Has there been any resolution to this issue. We are seeing the same thing with .msg files.

My customer is waiting for the next release. I did not open a PMR about this because the potential fix would have come almost in the same time.

Best regards,

Nicolas

• gaiDnelson
    gaiDnelson
    20 Posts

‏2013-06-24T21:54:42Z  

My customer is waiting for the next release. I did not open a PMR about this because the potential fix would have come almost in the same time.

Best regards,

Nicolas

This is a pretty big issue for us. Is there a timetable on a next release?

• nicolas.leralle
    nicolas.leralle
    100 Posts

‏2013-06-24T21:59:13Z  

This is a pretty big issue for us. Is there a timetable on a next release?

If I were you, I'll send an email to Dana. He may be able to give you more information about the target quarter.

Best regards,

Nicolas