• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-14T05:22:47Z by prap
vijji_WTX
vijji_WTX
124 Posts

Pinned topic .MDQ working in DID and not in map rule

‏2013-11-14T02:55:58Z |

Hi ,

I am connecting succesfully to oracle database using dbconn.MDQ file and able to generate typetrees etc. When i use same mdq in map rule i.e.

DBQUERY("select empname from emp","dbconn.mdq","localdb")

It throws ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error "  i am little bit surprised to see this. I am using Win 7 and WTX 8.1 with Oracle 11.(TNSPing refer 64bit folder)

No idea what to do. When i use DBQuery with connection params it is connectiong (without .mdq)

DBQUERY("select empname from emp","-DBTYPE oracle -CONNECT localdb -USERNAME aaa -PASSWORD bbb")

but above method we are not supposed to use.

Any suggestions on this much appreciated.

Updated on 2013-11-14T04:26:44Z at 2013-11-14T04:26:44Z by vijji_WTX
  • paul.brett
    paul.brett
    787 Posts

Re: .MDQ working in DID and not in map rule

‏2013-11-14T08:06:56Z  

The Database Interface Designer is a 32 bit program, and will link with the 32 bit libraries.

When you run your map, are you using either Command Server or Launcher from a 64 bit installation perhaps?  If yes, it will be linking to the 64 bit libraries, and the tnsnames.ora file will be a different one.

If you see the failure in the Eclipse Design Studio, then this sounds like a bug, and I recommend you open a Service Request with IBM.

• vijji_WTX
    vijji_WTX
    124 Posts

Re: .MDQ working in DID and not in map rule

‏2013-11-14T10:12:20Z  

The Database Interface Designer is a 32 bit program, and will link with the 32 bit libraries.

When you run your map, are you using either Command Server or Launcher from a 64 bit installation perhaps?  If yes, it will be linking to the 64 bit libraries, and the tnsnames.ora file will be a different one.

If you see the failure in the Eclipse Design Studio, then this sounds like a bug, and I recommend you open a Service Request with IBM.

Thanks Paul for the reply. Oracle configured to 62Bit libraries and DID works fine here. I am running the map in WTX 8.1 and not in command server or launcher.

WTX 8.1 is not on eclipse platform. Sometimes it works like stranger to me.

it is solved now. Thanks for your time :-)