Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-15T13:26:05Z by tcassid
raygear
raygear
17 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CTE Login Issue

‏2013-05-08T16:08:59Z |

Need help with this problem.

Was trying to login from ClearTeam Explorer, but was shown the error message below
CRMAP7009: CCRC command 'Login' failed: Unable to connect to server at URL 'http://<url>/ccrc

Background:
the clearcase server and users are in the same Domain (e.g. DIS) and on Windows platform
both are in the default primary group (i.e. DIS\Domain Users).
Active Directory (AD) groups created: clearcase (for admin), projA_user, projB_user (user groups for VOB access control)

e.g.
User1 (member of the clearcase and member of projA_user AD group)
User2 (member of 'projA_user' AD group)
User3 (member of 'projB_user' AD group) 

User1 is able to login, but User2 and User3 is unable. in fact only User1 is able to login. 

Have tried setting CLEARCASE_PRIMARY_GROUP to DIS\projA_user and DIS\projB_user, but still unable to login.

Been struck with this issue for days.
Help needed.

• raygear
    raygear
    17 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CTE Login Issue

‏2013-05-08T16:13:09Z  in response to raygear

To add on, the users logon to Windows under a different Domain and username is different)
    But User1 is still able to login successfully in CTE.

e.g. 
    At Windows Login - SEA\UserA
    At CTE - DIS\User1

• GKellner
    GKellner
    259 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-13T15:08:54Z  in response to raygear

The users has to have "Interactive Logon Right".

As member of the clearcase admin group, which is typically added in the Administrators group of the server, you'll have this rigt.

But no other groups.

In the standard configuration of Windows servers, add projA_user to "Power User" on the server.

greetings georg.

• tcassid
    tcassid
    20 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T20:04:38Z  in response to raygear

I think GKellner is onto something here.

The ClearCase BackEnd (CCBE) process that runs on the CCRC WAN Server runs as the user that is logged into CCRC.  This requires the policy "Allow log on locally" be enabled for all CCRC users.

The below technote goes into this a bit in Cause 2.  It is for CC 7.1.x.x, though it still applies in this case.  It would make sense to add groups to the policy rather than individual users.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21251170

• raygear
      raygear
      17 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T10:37:19Z  in response to tcassid

I will check the policies on the server.

But what if I am unable to change the policies due to company's security policies, is there a walkaround?

• tcassid
        tcassid
        20 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T13:26:05Z  in response to raygear

There is no workaround.  This is a requirement for the reason I named before - the CCBE runs as the user logged into CCRC.

A different policy exists to prohibit users from actually logging into the PC via Remote Desktop.  These policies are Allow/Deny log on through Remote Desktop Services (or Allow/Deny log on through Terminal Services) depending on the OS.