IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-03-08T08:08:30Z by CGRIERE
CGRIERE
CGRIERE
42 Posts

Pinned topic Comparison of 2 Dbmon files

‏2018-03-07T11:11:47Z | db2fori iacs ibmi

Hi,

I am used to compare two DBMON files using System i Navigator. 

When it detects that 2 identical statements have a difference in their runtimes (for example) I can display the graph of the 2 access plans using Visual Explain and find what is wrong.

I am trying to do the same thing using iACS. But I can not find how to do it.

Is it a lack in the product?

In a Word attachement I give the iACS window in which I do not find how to make appear the 2 VE graphes.

Thanks for your help. 

Attachments

• CGRIERE
    CGRIERE
    42 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Comparison of 2 Dbmon files

‏2018-03-08T08:08:30Z  
    • B.Hauser
    • ‏2018-03-08T06:44:18Z

If you right click on the statement text (on the left side under Matching Statements/Instruction concordantes), you can select visual explain and you'll get the 2 access plans.

Birgitta

Hi Birgit,

You are quite right

I was using right click on the ... right side directly in the panel  'Detailed statement'. 

Thanks

• B.Hauser
    B.Hauser
    320 Posts

‏2018-03-08T06:44:18Z  

If you right click on the statement text (on the left side under Matching Statements/Instruction concordantes), you can select visual explain and you'll get the 2 access plans.

Birgitta

• CGRIERE
    CGRIERE
    42 Posts

‏2018-03-08T08:08:30Z  
    • B.Hauser
    • ‏2018-03-08T06:44:18Z

Birgitta

Hi Birgit,

You are quite right

I was using right click on the ... right side directly in the panel  'Detailed statement'. 

Thanks