• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T11:16:03Z by DanielWagemann
prat123
prat123
24 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Login Page for cognos Timeout

‏2013-05-06T04:49:07Z |

Hi

Cognos and Web server timeout is set to 60mins. We looking for customize the cognos timeout page. When cognos time out it shows logoff page.

We would like to show time out message to the user. Please let me know if anyone tried this or any suggestion to achieve this

Thanks

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

Re: Custom Login Page for cognos Timeout

‏2013-05-06T13:19:53Z  

Not sure I follow, the CAMPassport timeout is set to 60 minutes.  This means that at the 60 minute mark of no activity, the CAMPassport expires.  When this happens, any subsequent user actions will be presented with a logon screen to get a new CAMPassport.  I am not sure where a timeout message would come into play here.

• prat123
    prat123
    24 Posts

‏2013-05-06T14:06:05Z  

Not sure I follow, the CAMPassport timeout is set to 60 minutes.  This means that at the 60 minute mark of no activity, the CAMPassport expires.  When this happens, any subsequent user actions will be presented with a logon screen to get a new CAMPassport.  I am not sure where a timeout message would come into play here.

When CAMPassport expires, we would like to show the timeout message instead of cognos login screen. 
    When user clicks on logoff explicitly then it will show the cognos login screen.

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-05-07T11:16:03Z  
    • prat123
    • ‏2013-05-06T14:06:05Z

When CAMPassport expires, we would like to show the timeout message instead of cognos login screen. 
    When user clicks on logoff explicitly then it will show the cognos login screen.

Sorry I just can't wrap my head around why someone would want this.  So instead of being prompted for credentials again,  you present them with a message saying the passport has expired, to which they click OK to and then go to the logon screen.  Why would you want the extra step to annoy your users.

What about avoiding the visibility around the timeout and re-logon completely by configuring a SSO solution?  In this case once the session times out, any subsequent actions will automatically log the user back in.  No warning no logon screen.