Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-18T09:09:45Z by Rajesh.RFT
Rajesh.RFT
Rajesh.RFT
15 Posts

Pinned topic Playing back RFT script throwing "class java.lang.StackOverflowError" exception

‏2013-09-17T11:20:52Z |

Hi,

One of my script earlier was running without any issues but certainly today after doing some modification when I try to re-run it is throwing exception.  The playback window also remains blank (not sowing any running status details) for a long time and then throwing below exception

Exception Details:

• exception_name = class java.lang.StackOverflowError
  • exception_message = null
  • exception_stack = [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1f021f02

I am using RFT8.1.1 (planning to update it 8.3 very soon) and IE9 Browser.

Here is my code snippet,

public voidtestMain(Object[] args)

{

// TODOInsert code here

startBrowser(dpString("URL"));

// String User="m272681300";

/*if(cpm.AutomaticSuccession(User))

logTestResult("TC28: Automatic Succession Completed Successfully ", true);

else

logTestResult("TC28: Unable to Update Automatic Succession ", false);

*/

/*to=br.getActiveBrowser();

BrowserTestObject bto=new BrowserTestObject(to[0]);

bto.close();*/

unregisterAll();

}

My expectation from the above code snippet is to open a browser with the URL passing as parameter. MY all other scripts are running without any issues.

Is this an RFT internal issue? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• MrCoolK
    MrCoolK
    80 Posts

Re: Playing back RFT script throwing "class java.lang.StackOverflowError" exception

‏2013-09-17T12:02:12Z  

Have you tried "Save as" and create a new copy of the file and run it.

You can also try export it and import in other project folder to see if the project folder was corrupted or not.

Some time this kind of debugging helps .

Thanks

cool k

• Rajesh.RFT
    Rajesh.RFT
    15 Posts

Re: Playing back RFT script throwing "class java.lang.StackOverflowError" exception

‏2013-09-17T12:33:52Z  
    • MrCoolK
    • ‏2013-09-17T12:02:12Z

Have you tried "Save as" and create a new copy of the file and run it.

You can also try export it and import in other project folder to see if the project folder was corrupted or not.

Some time this kind of debugging helps .

Thanks

cool k

Hello,

I tried with creating new workspace and then imported the earlier exported project. But facing the same issue.

Is there anyother workaround? Please let me know. Thanks.

• MrCoolK
    MrCoolK
    80 Posts

‏2013-09-17T13:46:51Z  

Hello,

I tried with creating new workspace and then imported the earlier exported project. But facing the same issue.

Is there anyother workaround? Please let me know. Thanks.

can you provide more detail information like line number it is throwing error or even can you attach the html log file

• MrCoolK
    MrCoolK
    80 Posts

‏2013-09-17T18:44:29Z  
    • MrCoolK
    • ‏2013-09-17T13:46:51Z

can you provide more detail information like line number it is throwing error or even can you attach the html log file

can you first try to print dpString("URL") and see it is printing something or not.If yes if it is correct or not

Second check

startBrowser("http://wwww.google.com");

If this opens google.com or not if not your browser is not set you need to set up a browser for RFT

Thanks

Cool K

• Rajesh.RFT
    Rajesh.RFT
    15 Posts

‏2013-09-18T09:09:45Z  
    • MrCoolK
    • ‏2013-09-17T18:44:29Z

can you first try to print dpString("URL") and see it is printing something or not.If yes if it is correct or not

Second check

startBrowser("http://wwww.google.com");

If this opens google.com or not if not your browser is not set you need to set up a browser for RFT

Thanks

Cool K

Thanks Mr Cool:) for your time & reply. I am able to identify the issue root cause in my script. Actually mistakenly I created an instance of the class before defining it. I was in expression that eclipse will throw compilation error but my bad.

Thanks,

Rajesh.