Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-23T06:02:35Z by AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
RockeyBhardwaj
RockeyBhardwaj
10 Posts

Pinned topic Rational Rhapsody 8-0.3 windows_32

‏2013-08-19T12:08:31Z |

I've just installed Rhapsody 8.0.3 and its not working properly. I have used the adapters (MinGw and share ) of  Rhapsody 7.6.1.0 model.

But its not working properly. The state charts not working. I need adapters for Rational Rhapsody 8-0.3 windows_32. If someone knows how to install that please tell me the way because i need that urgently.

If somebody has the solutions then mail me on :     rockey@allsoftsolutions.in as soon as possible.

Updated on 2013-08-19T12:09:52Z at 2013-08-19T12:09:52Z by RockeyBhardwaj
  • AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    147 Posts

Re: Rational Rhapsody 8-0.3 windows_32

‏2013-08-20T10:30:17Z  

Hello

What is the issue you having with statecharts? I have an windows_32 environment with Rhapsody v8.0.2 and Mingw 20120426 installed. I created a project containing a class with statechart, rebuild framework by calling "mingw32-make -s all -f MinGwBuild.mak" from command line (alternatively, run Rebuild_MinGW_Libraries.bat which you may need to modify a bit), run the executable under animation, and it seems everything working fine for me. You can download the adapter I used from the link below:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21454505

My first suggestion is to rebuild the framework, making sure animation libraries (migwaom*.a) are up-to-date. If still problem persists, let me know exactly what the issue you are seeing.

--Shinji

• RockeyBhardwaj
    RockeyBhardwaj
    10 Posts

‏2013-08-22T05:41:40Z  

Hello

What is the issue you having with statecharts? I have an windows_32 environment with Rhapsody v8.0.2 and Mingw 20120426 installed. I created a project containing a class with statechart, rebuild framework by calling "mingw32-make -s all -f MinGwBuild.mak" from command line (alternatively, run Rebuild_MinGW_Libraries.bat which you may need to modify a bit), run the executable under animation, and it seems everything working fine for me. You can download the adapter I used from the link below:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21454505

My first suggestion is to rebuild the framework, making sure animation libraries (migwaom*.a) are up-to-date. If still problem persists, let me know exactly what the issue you are seeing.

--Shinji

Hello Shinji

Thanks for answering my question but i am  still suffering from the same problem. The problem is when I am using a time delay on transition only then it gives an error . Like when I am using tm(500) on transition for delay purpose then it gives an error. Please answer as soon as possible on mail ID - rockey@allsoftsolutions.in

Thanks and regards

Rockey Bhardwaj

Updated on 2013-08-22T05:43:46Z at 2013-08-22T05:43:46Z by RockeyBhardwaj
  • AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    147 Posts

‏2013-08-22T06:56:46Z  

Hello Shinji

Thanks for answering my question but i am  still suffering from the same problem. The problem is when I am using a time delay on transition only then it gives an error . Like when I am using tm(500) on transition for delay purpose then it gives an error. Please answer as soon as possible on mail ID - rockey@allsoftsolutions.in

Thanks and regards

Rockey Bhardwaj

Hello Rocky,

You can post your project (keep it simple as possible) along with the detail of error. The error is quite important.
    I can take a look at my first chance. FYI, I don't see such issue on my environment.

Best Regards,

--Shinji

• RockeyBhardwaj
    RockeyBhardwaj
    10 Posts

‏2013-08-22T07:29:08Z  

Hello Rocky,

You can post your project (keep it simple as possible) along with the detail of error. The error is quite important.
    I can take a look at my first chance. FYI, I don't see such issue on my environment.

Best Regards,

--Shinji

Hi Shinji

I am sending you the error in rhapsody while I am using time delay (tm500) on transition. The error is  displayed is as follow:

All Checks Terminated Successfully

Checker Done
    0  Error(s), 0  Warning(s)

Code generated to directory: C:/Users/rockey/IBM/Rational/Rhapsody/8.0.3/led_with_timedelay/DefaultComponent/DefaultConfig
    Generating file led.h
    Generating file led.cpp

Code Generation Done

0  Error(s), 0  Warning(s), 0  Message(s)
    Building ------------  DefaultComponent.exe   ------------
    Executing: "C:\Users\rockey\IBM\Rational\Rhapsody\8.0.3\Share\etc\mingwmake.bat" DefaultComponent.mak build
    Setting environment for MinGW
    Compiling led.cpp
    led.cpp: In member function `void led::cancelTimeouts()':
    led.cpp:53: error: `cancel' undeclared (first use this function)
    led.cpp:53: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
    led.cpp: In member function `virtual IOxfReactive::TakeEventStatus led::rootState_processEvent()':
    led.cpp:88: error: `cancel' undeclared (first use this function)
    mingw32-make: *** [led.o] Error 1

Build Done

Please see attached file below.

Thanks and regards 
    Rockey Bhardwaj
    Updated on 2013-08-22T07:38:30Z at 2013-08-22T07:38:30Z by RockeyBhardwaj
  • RockeyBhardwaj
    RockeyBhardwaj
    10 Posts

‏2013-08-22T07:40:48Z  

Hi Shinji

When I am using a event instead of tm(500) on transition then it works properly. I am attaching a snap of that also.
    Please check that.

Thanks and regards

Rockey Bhardwaj

Attachments

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    147 Posts

‏2013-08-22T09:20:30Z  

Hi Shinji

When I am using a event instead of tm(500) on transition then it works properly. I am attaching a snap of that also.
    Please check that.

Thanks and regards

Rockey Bhardwaj

Hi Rockey,

I'm quite confident to say that there must be something wrong with your OXF library; not all but partially. The undeclared function 'cancel' is actually declared in omreactive.h and implemented in omreactive.cpp. I can easily reproduce the same compiler using OXF library built with cancel(...) stripped off from those files. So, my suggestion is below:

1. Check OXF source code, especially omreactive.h/cpp. Make sure cancel(..) is there.
    2. Rebuild your OXF library for MINGW, and try again.

You shouldn't be having this problem if you are using a healthy OXF library.

Best Regards,

--Shinji

• RockeyBhardwaj
    RockeyBhardwaj
    10 Posts

‏2013-08-22T11:40:18Z  

Hi Rockey,

I'm quite confident to say that there must be something wrong with your OXF library; not all but partially. The undeclared function 'cancel' is actually declared in omreactive.h and implemented in omreactive.cpp. I can easily reproduce the same compiler using OXF library built with cancel(...) stripped off from those files. So, my suggestion is below:

1. Check OXF source code, especially omreactive.h/cpp. Make sure cancel(..) is there.
    2. Rebuild your OXF library for MINGW, and try again.

You shouldn't be having this problem if you are using a healthy OXF library.

Best Regards,

--Shinji

Hello Shinji

I have tried a lot but not got anything. One more error it gives while i am starting the new rhapsody 8.0.3. I have attached the image of that error below. Please check it out and help me .

Thanks and regards
    Rockey Bhardwaj

Attachments

• RockeyBhardwaj
    RockeyBhardwaj
    10 Posts

‏2013-08-22T11:52:26Z  
    Hello Shinji

I have rhapsody 7.6.0 version but i don't have the key the same. I have searched it on IBM site but it was not available there, even the software  rhapsody 7.6.0 is also not there. Could i get the key for the same version from somewhere.
    Because we (Allsoft solutions (P) ltd. ) are the IBM business Partner  and because of this problem our training is getting suffered a lot. 
    Please help us or reply as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards 
    Rockey Bhardwaj
  • AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    147 Posts

‏2013-08-22T23:56:27Z  

Hello Shinji

I have tried a lot but not got anything. One more error it gives while i am starting the new rhapsody 8.0.3. I have attached the image of that error below. Please check it out and help me .

Thanks and regards
    Rockey Bhardwaj

Hello Rockey,

The error is not related to the issue we're discussing here. You will be best served by starting a new topic.

Best Regards,

--Shinji

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    147 Posts

‏2013-08-23T00:21:49Z  
    Hello Shinji

I have rhapsody 7.6.0 version but i don't have the key the same. I have searched it on IBM site but it was not available there, even the software  rhapsody 7.6.0 is also not there. Could i get the key for the same version from somewhere.
    Because we (Allsoft solutions (P) ltd. ) are the IBM business Partner  and because of this problem our training is getting suffered a lot. 
    Please help us or reply as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards 
    Rockey Bhardwaj

Hello Rockey,

There are two ways to obtain licenses; 1 go to Rational License Key Center and generate it by your self, or 2 contact your rational sales representative. As long as you have a valid entitlement with using Rhapsody product, you should be able to get the license through one of two means. If you are not authorized person, you should contact the Primary or Secondary Site contact for the purchase of your Rhapsody products, they should be able to help you. If you don't know who they are in your organization and if not sure you're entitled or not (<- I believe you are as you are IBM BP), please contact Rational Client Support of your country by referring to this link. As you may know, when you contact RCS, you will be asked to provide your ICN (IBM Customer Number), so let's prepare the piece of info in advance.

Only place you can download rational products is from Passport Advantage Site, but again you have to be an authorized person.

Hope it will be of any help.

--Shinji

• AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    AE91_SHINJI_KANAI
    147 Posts

‏2013-08-23T06:02:35Z  

Hello Shinji

Thanks and regards
    Rockey Bhardwaj

Hello Rockey,

I need following information to help you...

1. Add "-E" flag to the compiler switch and build your application. Provide me the generated led.o file, which must be in TEXT format.
    2. Output of "%g++ -V" for your MINGW.
    3. Don't you reproduce the same problem using a simple model or different compiler? Is it really MINGW specific???

Best Regards,

--Shinji