Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2017-09-25T13:19:51Z by wei.huang
wei.huang
wei.huang
173 Posts

Pinned topic Are there any integration tool which allows to import the "Currency Conversions rates"

‏2017-09-19T09:45:32Z | currency

Hello,

We are looking for a solution which allows to import the "Currency Conversion Rates", it seems these data is not based on a BO, so I think traditional integration tool such as DC, Data Integrator, Integration Object won't work.

Have you met this kind of requirement? Are there any solution other than using sql script?

PS: I've tried sql below, it seems working.

INSERT INTO  BUDGET_CURRENCY_CONVERSION ( CONVERSION_GROUP, FROM_CURRENCY_CODE, TO_CURRENCY_CODE,  CONVERSION_RATE, START_DATE, END_DATE, INSTANCE_ID) VALUES ('LIBA', 'Chinese Yuan', 'Euro', 0.13, {ts '2017-01-01 01:00:00'}, {ts '2017-12-31 01:00:00'}, BUDGET_CURRENCY_ID_SEQ.nextval)

• Charlie McGarvey
    Charlie McGarvey
    11 Posts

Re: Are there any integration tool which allows to import the "Currency Conversions rates"

‏2017-09-20T13:49:02Z  

Business Connect has methods to insert currency information.   I haven't checked to see if you could use data connect.   I might suggest using either of those instead of a direct insert.

• wei.huang
    wei.huang
    173 Posts

Re: Are there any integration tool which allows to import the "Currency Conversions rates"

‏2017-09-20T14:56:00Z  

Business Connect has methods to insert currency information.   I haven't checked to see if you could use data connect.   I might suggest using either of those instead of a direct insert.

Thanks Charlie, for your reply. I'll check the possibility in Business Connect, as convention rates is based on a BO, I don't know how we can import them with DC. :-(

• Charlie McGarvey
    Charlie McGarvey
    11 Posts

‏2017-09-20T15:10:42Z  
    • wei.huang
    • ‏2017-09-20T14:56:00Z

Thanks Charlie, for your reply. I'll check the possibility in Business Connect, as convention rates is based on a BO, I don't know how we can import them with DC. :-(

Currency entries have a effective date.  How often do you plan on updating the currencies?   What data source are you using?

• Casey_Cantwell
    Casey_Cantwell
    2 Posts

‏2017-09-20T21:01:32Z  

Business Connect is the best method to use for this.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSHEB3_3.4.2/com.ibm.tap.doc/pdfs/pdf_tap_connector_for_busapps.pdf

The putCurrencyConversion method is what you would want to use.

Updated on 2017-09-20T21:03:05Z at 2017-09-20T21:03:05Z by Casey_Cantwell
  • wei.huang
    wei.huang
    173 Posts

‏2017-09-25T13:19:51Z  

Business Connect is the best method to use for this.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSHEB3_3.4.2/com.ibm.tap.doc/pdfs/pdf_tap_connector_for_busapps.pdf

The putCurrencyConversion method is what you would want to use.

Thanks for your reply, Casey!