Currently the existing deployment strategy which we are following below:
• New change gets(adding or editing existing current cnfiguration) added to the current code base.
• A Single .xcfg file is exported out of the DataPower box from staging environment.
• Same file gets deployed to below environment along with deployment Policy to get different values
○ NON Production (QA) environment.
○ Pre prod environment.
○ Production environment.
• The above deployment strategy is been useful as to handle multiple release in parallel. so that every release should hold up all the configuration changes.
we are trying to implement incremental deployment strategy for a new Project.
• Only the component which requires change on DataPower or a new component which is been added on DataPower should be deployed rather than the complete domain deployment.
• We had evaluated checkpoint technique to implement the roll back strategy.
The issue we are facing now is related to how to handle multi release if
• The code base in that particular release will have the changes that is expected in production.
• we have multiple QA environment; so we have having hard time in resolving this issue related to the maintainability of the code base with respect to multiple release.
The issue with the complete domain deployment in production seems to put stress on the production deployment as even for a small change the complete prod domain is redeployed; to mitigate the stress in deployment we wanted to follow the incremental deployment process ; but the maintainability of the code base for multiple release is causing a road blocker.
It would be great if we get some help in mitigating the above issue.