Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-23T15:30:43Z by AFrench
AFrench
AFrench
7 Posts

Pinned topic Slow Meta Data in Version Tree

‏2013-05-09T13:48:17Z |

Has anyone had any issues with the meta data popup display being very slow in the version tree browser?

I have one client who has to wait 15 - 20 seconds when hovering over a version to see the meta data. This is only on one PC so far and I can't reproduce it.

The client is running CC 7.1.2.07 on 32 bit XP

Any ideas on where to look to resolve this?

Thanks

Alastair French

• SANDHYA@IBM
    SANDHYA@IBM
    24 Posts

Re: Slow Meta Data in Version Tree

‏2013-05-10T07:06:45Z  

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21402922

Please check this technote..Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Sandhya

• AFrench
    AFrench
    7 Posts

‏2013-05-20T15:31:56Z  

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21402922

Please check this technote..Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Sandhya

Sandy

The technote may speed it up by reducing the information shown but the problem is that on two machines with the same settings it is very slow loading the metadata on one but not the other for the same elements.

I will pass this info back to the user and see if it helps though.

Alastair French

• benray
    benray
    74 Posts

‏2013-05-20T16:03:52Z  
    • AFrench
    • ‏2013-05-20T15:31:56Z

Sandy

The technote may speed it up by reducing the information shown but the problem is that on two machines with the same settings it is very slow loading the metadata on one but not the other for the same elements.

I will pass this info back to the user and see if it helps though.

Alastair French

Does "cleartool describe -long <file>" from command line similarly show a performance issue on one host but not on the other? We could probably use fmt_ccase switches to further limit the output to see if one particular section of the metadata is slower. We could also use clearcase or network tracing to look at the time spent on each section of data. This is something I'd recommend opening a PMR for if you're not able to identify any obvious reasons for the delay on one host.

• AFrench
    AFrench
    7 Posts

‏2013-05-23T15:30:43Z  
    • benray
    • ‏2013-05-20T16:03:52Z

Does "cleartool describe -long <file>" from command line similarly show a performance issue on one host but not on the other? We could probably use fmt_ccase switches to further limit the output to see if one particular section of the metadata is slower. We could also use clearcase or network tracing to look at the time spent on each section of data. This is something I'd recommend opening a PMR for if you're not able to identify any obvious reasons for the delay on one host.

The user has come back to me now and he has had his PC replaced, not because of this issue - it was time for an upgrade anyway aparently.

Thanks for the suggestion. If it appears again for any other users I'll try the describe and see what that results in

Alastair