Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-25T17:36:10Z by JoeMorganNTST
bruneves
bruneves
42 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Duplication of processing rules when a second FSH is added to a WSP

‏2013-04-16T20:35:47Z |

Does anyone know why DataPower duplicates the processing rules of a WSP service when a second FSH is added? What is the benefit of it?

Thank you!

• This reply was deleted by VMNanduri 2013-04-17T12:21:30Z.
  • JoeMorganNTST
    JoeMorganNTST
    427 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Duplication of processing rules when a second FSH is added to a WSP

‏2013-04-18T15:03:31Z  in response to bruneves

I'm having the same problem.  I have 2 WSDL endpoints, one for SOAP 1.1, another for SOAP 1.2.  I have the same FSH for both, but the WSP published 4 endpoints, even though there are only 2 clearly shown in the WSDL tab.

Only 2 of the 4 actually work.  I went to the policy tab and "un-published" the 2 that did not work.  It wasn't clear, though, which 2 weren't working.  That took trial and error.

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4491 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-19T09:21:09Z  in response to bruneves

Bruno, Joseph,

which firmware versions are you using?

Joseph,

deleting generated rules is definitely risky -- there was a reason why DataPower generated them.
    I would assume that one of the possible usage scenarios is now not usable for you anymore.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• bruneves
      bruneves
      42 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-19T22:35:03Z  in response to HermannSW

Hi Hermann,

We are currently running FW 5.0.0.0, but I have seen the same behavior since forever I think... I am pretty sure there is a reason for that to happen, but as that does not help us at all, we would like to understand why that happens at least...

Thanks!

• JoeMorganNTST
      JoeMorganNTST
      427 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T14:12:17Z  in response to HermannSW

5.0.0.3 on XI52. 

I successfully "unpublished" the non-working endpoints.  The other 2 (the only 2 it should have) are working.  Even if I had not unpublished them, they aren't working.

deleting generated rules is definitely risky -- there was a reason why DataPower generated them.

If DataPower is generating things that don't work, in this case, extra things that don't work, then there's little risk at all!  I fixed it for a bug that's clearly in DataPower.  We just want to know why it is doing this, and if there is a non-risky way to clean it up.

• HermannSW
        HermannSW
        4491 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T14:29:01Z  in response to JoeMorganNTST

Can you attach a sample export here?

If not, please create a PMR and provide it that way.

It is difficult to comment on "not working" if not being able to see it exactly.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/> <myCE/>

• JoeMorganNTST
          JoeMorganNTST
          427 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T15:25:27Z  in response to HermannSW

The scenario in my case is pretty simple.  I was provided a WSDL to proxy.  That WSDL has Soap 1.1 and Soap 1.2 bindings.  So, in the Edit WSDL tab, we have the same FSH for BOTH bindings, and they, of course, have different URI's.  2 bindings, 1 FSH each.

We also are not using "local" publishing, because the WSP is internal, and the client needs to access via our DMZ.  So, we republish the host, port and URI for the DMZ.  Still, that's only 2.

When we request the WSDL, it is republished with 4 port bindings, the 2 you'd ordinarily expect (XXXHttpSoap11Endpoint, and XXXHttpSoap12Endpoint), and then another each with a(XXXHttpSoap11Endpoint.0, and XXXHttpSoap12Endpoint.2). 

To clean it up, in the "Policy" tab, I expanded it down to the ports where it is showing the 4.  Then I open up the fault validation popup and turn off "Enable this component" and "Publish in WSDL".  This is what took the experimentation.  At first, I thought I could just pick any 2.  Then I learned 2 of them didn't work.  I had to go through each of them one at a time and test it until I found the 2 that did work.

J

• OswaldoGago
            OswaldoGago
            27 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-20T19:37:08Z  in response to JoeMorganNTST

Joe and bruneves,

What appears to you to be extra rules is simply an additional synthesized or clones QName of the service.  DataPower creates it in order to differentiate it from the original. 

• JoeMorganNTST
              JoeMorganNTST
              427 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-25T17:36:10Z  in response to OswaldoGago

So... how do you get it *not* to create (or how to expel) the ones that won't work?

What good is it to create QName clones when what it is creating won't work anyway.  If you read my above, you can see I went through all 4 to find out which ones don't work, and verified they don't, in fact, work.  So, why is it creating them?