• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-27T11:11:00Z by John.fred
John.fred
John.fred
8 Posts

Pinned topic service intances are created outside service model

‏2014-03-02T08:35:02Z |

Hi,

i have some autopop rules for creating a service model , today some new service instances are created from those autopop rules but those services are outside the respective service model, i have checked the naming convention etc , everything is  fine, also i tried to delete them, but recreated in the same location, any one else face the same problem? TBSM version is 4.2.1 IF3

Updated on 2014-03-02T08:42:29Z at 2014-03-02T08:42:29Z by John.fred
  • randybrown
    randybrown
    59 Posts

Re: service intances are created outside service model

‏2014-03-04T15:38:52Z  

Hi,

Are the services being placed as children of the "DefaultAutopopParent" service? This happens if for some reason the correct parent service name cannot be determined.

For example, if the parent instance name is formed from a column in the event or data fetcher row, and that column does not have a valid value, then the parent may not be correctly determined. Perhaps you need to check the event or data fetcher results for the incoming status rule on which the autopopulation rule is based. If you are hard coding the parent name, then this should not be the problem.

I am not sure what you mean by naming conventions and how these might relate to the creation of the service instances. Do you mean the expression used to name the service instance?

If you provide more details about the rule definition then I might be able to come up with other ideas.

Regards...

Randy Brown

• John.fred
    John.fred
    8 Posts

‏2014-03-05T06:08:36Z  

Hi,

Are the services being placed as children of the "DefaultAutopopParent" service? This happens if for some reason the correct parent service name cannot be determined.

For example, if the parent instance name is formed from a column in the event or data fetcher row, and that column does not have a valid value, then the parent may not be correctly determined. Perhaps you need to check the event or data fetcher results for the incoming status rule on which the autopopulation rule is based. If you are hard coding the parent name, then this should not be the problem.

I am not sure what you mean by naming conventions and how these might relate to the creation of the service instances. Do you mean the expression used to name the service instance?

If you provide more details about the rule definition then I might be able to come up with other ideas.

Regards...

Randy Brown

Hi Randy,

thanks for the reply, i have already checked , new child service instances are created outside the parent service tree, you are right they are unable to determine its parent service instances, BTW what you mean by column does not have a valid value . 

• randybrown
    randybrown
    59 Posts

‏2014-03-05T13:10:29Z  
    • John.fred
    • ‏2014-03-05T06:08:36Z

Hi Randy,

thanks for the reply, i have already checked , new child service instances are created outside the parent service tree, you are right they are unable to determine its parent service instances, BTW what you mean by column does not have a valid value . 

Hi,

For example, I may have a parent template P1 and child template T1 where the autopopulation rule is defined for template T1. The incoming rule used for autopopulation reads an event from the object server and creates a service instance from the value in the Node column of the event.

Then for the parent template in the same autopopulation rule, I set the parent instance name to be a column called ParentNode, which we will assume for this example was added to the object server schema. If the value in an event for ParentNode was null, then TBSM would add the service instance to DefaultAutopopParent since it could not identify the actual parent instance name.

The same would be true if the incoming rule was based on a data fetcher and the column used for the parent instance name was null.

Thus you would need to ensure that the incoming events or fetched data are providing all the values required by the autopopulation rule to build the correct parent instance name.

I hope that makes more sense...

Randy Brown

• John.fred
    John.fred
    8 Posts

‏2014-03-06T07:11:44Z  

Hi,

For example, I may have a parent template P1 and child template T1 where the autopopulation rule is defined for template T1. The incoming rule used for autopopulation reads an event from the object server and creates a service instance from the value in the Node column of the event.

Then for the parent template in the same autopopulation rule, I set the parent instance name to be a column called ParentNode, which we will assume for this example was added to the object server schema. If the value in an event for ParentNode was null, then TBSM would add the service instance to DefaultAutopopParent since it could not identify the actual parent instance name.

The same would be true if the incoming rule was based on a data fetcher and the column used for the parent instance name was null.

Thus you would need to ensure that the incoming events or fetched data are providing all the values required by the autopopulation rule to build the correct parent instance name.

I hope that makes more sense...

Randy Brown

Hi,

i have checked and all the fields under the event contain values, under my situation,  one service  name (ABC_123) created  properly under service tree hierarchy and another servive instance name (XYZ_123) created outside service tree.  i dont know what is happening, may be i have to restart TBSM services.

• John.fred
    John.fred
    8 Posts

‏2014-03-10T06:39:02Z  
    • John.fred
    • ‏2014-03-06T07:11:44Z

Hi,

i have checked and all the fields under the event contain values, under my situation,  one service  name (ABC_123) created  properly under service tree hierarchy and another servive instance name (XYZ_123) created outside service tree.  i dont know what is happening, may be i have to restart TBSM services.

i restarted TBSM services and all service instances created outside are gone, hope it solved the issue.

• randybrown
    randybrown
    59 Posts

‏2014-03-10T13:08:38Z  
    • John.fred
    • ‏2014-03-10T06:39:02Z

i restarted TBSM services and all service instances created outside are gone, hope it solved the issue.

Hi,

Restarting the TBSM servers will eliminate all the services that were only in memory and the service model will be reloaded from the database. If the template properties are set such that the autopopulated services are not persisted, then restarting the servers would cause these non-persisted services to go away. Note that by default autopopulated services are persisted, so this explanation would only apply if the template properties were modified to not persist autopopulated services.

However, the next time an event occurs that can drive the autopopulation rule, the service will be created again. If at that point all the event values are correct, then the expected hierarchy should be created.

If the problem continues to occur, you may need to contact TBSM support to find out if there are any known problems related to autopopulation.

Regards...

Randy Brown

• John.fred
    John.fred
    8 Posts

‏2014-03-27T11:11:00Z  

Hi,

Restarting the TBSM servers will eliminate all the services that were only in memory and the service model will be reloaded from the database. If the template properties are set such that the autopopulated services are not persisted, then restarting the servers would cause these non-persisted services to go away. Note that by default autopopulated services are persisted, so this explanation would only apply if the template properties were modified to not persist autopopulated services.

However, the next time an event occurs that can drive the autopopulation rule, the service will be created again. If at that point all the event values are correct, then the expected hierarchy should be created.

If the problem continues to occur, you may need to contact TBSM support to find out if there are any known problems related to autopopulation.

Regards...

Randy Brown

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the detailed reply, i already checked the template(s) properties and Persistify AutoPopulated Instances is set to true, also til now events are coming but no service instance created out of the main hierarchy. till waiting for it :)