Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-29T10:38:52Z by Jayatheerthan
Neha16
Neha16
2 Posts

Pinned topic GNIP data in SDA

‏2013-11-27T05:58:45Z |

I cannot run GNIP Import application as i d not have credentials information to connect to GNIP site.  But i have another GNIP API which fetched me data from a GNIP Powertrack API.

when i try to feed this data that i get from GNIP Filtration API to 2nd step i.e configuring application and then when i run Local analysis and Global Analysis it does not perform any analysis nor creates me any user profile.

Is it that its not able to process the data from external source of GNIP. Does SDA performs analysis only on data that it gets from Import apllication in SDA.

Please help me out with this.

• Jayatheerthan
    Jayatheerthan
    20 Posts

Re: GNIP data in SDA

‏2013-11-27T08:13:24Z  

SDA supports Gnip Twitter data in its original format and *NOT* the Gnip-normalized stream format. Can you check if the Twitter data sent by Gnip is in the original format ?

• Neha16
    Neha16
    2 Posts

‏2013-11-27T13:05:25Z  

SDA supports Gnip Twitter data in its original format and *NOT* the Gnip-normalized stream format. Can you check if the Twitter data sent by Gnip is in the original format ?

I have confirmed the data from GNIP API is in its original format, still its not able to perform analysis on data.

• Jayatheerthan
    Jayatheerthan
    20 Posts

‏2013-11-29T10:38:52Z  
    • Neha16
    • ‏2013-11-27T13:05:25Z

I have confirmed the data from GNIP API is in its original format, still its not able to perform analysis on data.

I suppose you imported the twitter data in to HDFS before trying to run SDA. Can you check the logs of the SDA job to see if there are any clues in it?