Hi. Our customer has four (4) environments:
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
- Performance Testing (PCG)
I plan to implement promotion into the runtime environments based on the following transitions:
- Development: ApproveRealization
- Software Quality Assurance (SQA): ApproveStagingDeployment
- Performance Testing: ApproveCertification
- Production: ApproveProductionDeployment
I think this is pretty basic stuff but I was curious because there doesn't seem to be built-in support for re-promote from the "Realized" state. From each of the other states, there is a "redefine" transition but not for "Realized". Is there a reason? Do you foresee a problem with adding a "RedefineToSpecified" transition from the "Realized" state to the "Specified" state?
It seems like such an obvious thing that I'm wondering if I'm missing something.