Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-28T15:24:30Z by tmparker
0BWK_Roger_Tower
0BWK_Roger_Tower
3 Posts

Pinned topic org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles

‏2013-10-18T15:46:12Z |

I am using IBM® Rational® Application Developer™ for WebSphere® Software Version 7.5.5.5 iFix1 (7.5.5051.RADO7555iFix1-I20120913_1613) with the IBM® Rational® HATS Version 7.5.1.5 (7.5.400.201212030902) to build an RCP that runs on Windows 7 and XP machines over IBM System I, (Iseries, AS/400), screens.

After a variable length of time the users recieve the error: HAT0040 A program exception occurred.  This is caused by :org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles. 

While researching the error I found the link below stating that the no more handles issue was a known error in the HATS verstion 7.5.1.3, which we were using.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1IC70363

I downloaded and applied the fix pack and am now at the 7.5.1.5 version you see above.  I rebuild the applicaiton and re-installed on a few test machines.  I am continuing to get the same error even with the updated HATS version.  I have attached the log showing the error.

Can anyone help me to understand the issue and how to track it down?

Thanks,

Roger Tower

Attachments

• tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles

‏2013-10-21T18:06:20Z  

Hi Roger,

If you are still somehow seeing this problem using the latest fixpacks then you would need to open a PMR so that we can work with you to collect the information we need to recreate the problem so that we can debug and fix it.

Thanks
    Tim

• tmparker
    tmparker
    534 Posts

Re: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles

‏2013-10-28T15:24:30Z  
    • tmparker
    • ‏2013-10-21T18:06:20Z

Hi Roger,

If you are still somehow seeing this problem using the latest fixpacks then you would need to open a PMR so that we can work with you to collect the information we need to recreate the problem so that we can debug and fix it.

Thanks
    Tim

Hi Roger,

I'm not sure if you have fixed your issue yet but I should have mentioned that when I fixed the original bug you referred to in HATS I used a tool called Sleak to track down the problem., http://www.eclipse.org/swt/tools.php.  This tool allows you to find resources that aren't properly cleaned up and where they are coming from in the code.  Very useful tool.  If you are still having issues please don't hesitate to contact support so we can help you find a solution.

Thanks
    Tim