Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-06T07:30:33Z by JeanZ
GTXM_Padma_Iyenghar
GTXM_Padma_Iyenghar
9 Posts

Pinned topic Flowports won't connect using a link, why?

‏2013-12-05T04:54:53Z |

Hi All,

Kind of a basic question. Why can't I connect the flow ports in this simple example? Whats wrong/missing? I just created this example for the sake of the forum, but I have a bigger model in which I am not able to connect two flowports (one in a SimulinkBlock-class and another in an normal class)

Cheers

Attachments

• JeanZ
    JeanZ
    257 Posts

Re: Flowports won't connect using a link, why?

‏2013-12-05T06:34:50Z  

Hi.

This is known issue of Rhapsody 8.0.3 and 8.0.4.

This defect is planned to be fixed on upcoming version 8.0.5

If possible, you could work your model on previous version like 8.0.2.

Another thing is , if you want to connect two flowports with link, you should first change the class into object.

Regards

Updated on 2013-12-05T06:48:12Z at 2013-12-05T06:48:12Z by JeanZ
  • GTXM_Padma_Iyenghar
    GTXM_Padma_Iyenghar
    9 Posts

‏2013-12-05T09:58:55Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-12-05T06:34:50Z

Hi.

Another thing is , if you want to connect two flowports with link, you should first change the class into object.

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was not aware of this issue in the release 8.0.3.

Yes, I did try converting the classes to objects and then connecting the flow ports, one among the several things I tried before posting this query. 

I will try to work with a previous release. Btw, are these issues listed somewhere, e.g. release notes.

Best regards

Padma

• GTXM_Padma_Iyenghar
    GTXM_Padma_Iyenghar
    9 Posts

‏2013-12-05T21:14:02Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-12-05T06:34:50Z

Hi.

Regards

Hi

Could you please let me know where I can download an earlier version,say 8.0.2? I am unable to locate it in the Rhapsody developer webpage.

I quite urgently need to work with this project and would really appreciate any pointers to downloading an earlier version in which flowports-actually work.

thanks and best regards

Padma

• JeanZ
    JeanZ
    257 Posts

‏2013-12-06T07:30:33Z  

Hi

Could you please let me know where I can download an earlier version,say 8.0.2? I am unable to locate it in the Rhapsody developer webpage.

I quite urgently need to work with this project and would really appreciate any pointers to downloading an earlier version in which flowports-actually work.

thanks and best regards

Padma

Hello

Where did you download 8.0.3 from? Probably you could try below link to obtain 8.0.2 installer for windows.

http://www-933.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/doSelectFixes?options.selectedFixes=8.0.2-RAT-RHAPSODY-Win-fp2&continue=1

The related known defect is described as below, but not exactly like the issue you are facing now.

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?uid=swg1PM96150

But I think it's worth to try on 8.0.2 if you could successfully download the installer.

Good lucky

Regards