Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-17T16:45:16Z by A_Better_Solution
paunus
paunus
158 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Trigger to send email to Exchange Group on delivery?

‏2013-10-10T20:02:11Z |

Hey all

Tried to wrap my head around this one years ago, but looking into it again.. are there any scripts out there (that you know of, or can share) to have CC trigger an email (perhaps using Exchange server group) to notify users that a stream (UCM) has been delivered in a given project?

Any thoughts you may have would be great.

thanks

-Paul

• Dave-Robinson
    Dave-Robinson
    109 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Trigger to send email to Exchange Group on delivery?

‏2013-10-14T00:10:41Z  in response to paunus

Hi Paul,

This example has been in the ClearCase manual for a while.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cchelp/v8r0m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.clearcase.cc_proj.doc/c_u_trg_smail_dlvr_s.htm

It is not Exchange specific. If it does not serve your needs as is and you want to discuss further, describing in what way it is not what you want could be a more conrete foundation for getting a discussion going here.

• Tgefen
    Tgefen
    704 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Trigger to send email to Exchange Group on delivery?

‏2013-10-14T10:03:08Z  in response to paunus

Paul,

A few years ago I wrote a trigger and scripts to catch the event when a new recommended baseline is created, and then send it by email to a given list. It's not exactly what you need, but you can take it (at no charge) and learn the technics:

http://www.gomidjets.com/almblog/?p=398

Besides:

1) My company (www.gomidjets.com) provides professional services in case you need a customized solution.

2) One of the unique reports we provide in our R&D Reporter add-on for ClearCase, enables you to get a real-time report that shows you all undelivered activities from any streams you specify. We call it "Multiple Pending Change-sets report". Attached an example. 

If you'd like to try it please contact beta@gomidjets.com

Enjoy!

Tamir

Updated on 2013-10-14T10:04:00Z at 2013-10-14T10:04:00Z by Tgefen