• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-27T17:52:18Z by markevans
dwkey
dwkey
203 Posts

Pinned topic Fail to import EGL Dojo Mobile wudgets sample

‏2014-05-13T09:29:17Z |

Hello,

I'm trying to practice EGL mobile project development. 

When importing  EGL Dojo Mobile wudgets sample in RBD  9.0.1, the following messages returned.

The plugin containing this sample could not be found.  This can happen if an optional plugin containing the sample has not been installed.

I installed  64bit version of RBD,  does this matter ?  please help , thanks !

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Fail to import EGL Dojo Mobile wudgets sample

‏2014-05-13T17:40:21Z  

Had the same issue. This is what worked for me...

You can find the Dojo Mobile sample project in a Zip file in one of the RBD product's installation directories.

On my Windows 7 PC (64-bit), they were here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins\com.ibm.etools.examples.egl_7.0.202.v20131108_0207\install

The file name is "com.ibm.egl.rui.dojo.samples_2.2.0.zip".

To import it:

File->Import->Existing projects into workspace.

Use "Select archive file" and "Browse" to the zip file. When you select the zip file you will see that it can be imported as an RBD project in your workspace.

As far as I know, that is all the Help link does ... it imports this same Zip file.

Dan

• markevans
    markevans
    2807 Posts

‏2014-05-13T13:55:04Z  

L.H,

You may need to have the help installed as local help.  The default is to use the remote, web based help.

Can you try after installing the local help and then letting the help server startup when RBD is started.

thanks.

Mark

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2014-05-13T17:40:21Z  

Had the same issue. This is what worked for me...

You can find the Dojo Mobile sample project in a Zip file in one of the RBD product's installation directories.

On my Windows 7 PC (64-bit), they were here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins\com.ibm.etools.examples.egl_7.0.202.v20131108_0207\install

The file name is "com.ibm.egl.rui.dojo.samples_2.2.0.zip".

To import it:

File->Import->Existing projects into workspace.

Use "Select archive file" and "Browse" to the zip file. When you select the zip file you will see that it can be imported as an RBD project in your workspace.

As far as I know, that is all the Help link does ... it imports this same Zip file.

Dan

• dwkey
    dwkey
    203 Posts

‏2014-05-14T03:30:16Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2014-05-13T13:55:04Z

L.H,

You may need to have the help installed as local help.  The default is to use the remote, web based help.

Can you try after installing the local help and then letting the help server startup when RBD is started.

thanks.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for support.   After following your instructions , the symptom is still same.  I used dan_darnell's  suggestion to 

import successfully.  Now I  can work on this sample to get most of it.   

• markevans
    markevans
    2807 Posts

‏2014-05-14T12:06:42Z  
    • dwkey
    • ‏2014-05-14T03:30:16Z

Mark,

Thanks for support.   After following your instructions , the symptom is still same.  I used dan_darnell's  suggestion to 

import successfully.  Now I  can work on this sample to get most of it.   

L.H.,

Glad you were able to get it.  We will look into why it does not load.

Mark

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2014-05-15T16:47:34Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2014-05-14T12:06:42Z

L.H.,

Glad you were able to get it.  We will look into why it does not load.

Mark

Mark,

Maybe related to 64-bit RBD? The help for EGL Dojo Mobile says "Ensure that you have installed the 32-bit version of Rational Business Developer" but also, in another spot,  "For 64-bit RBD, the result can only be previewed outside of RBD with a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari."

I am successfully using 64-bit RBD with EGL Dojo Mobile but only when following that latter bit of advice to use an external browser for preview/debug.

I don't know what using the 64-bit version would have to do with the sample not installing from the help but I think maybe you guys were of two minds when it came to the EGL Dojo Mobile support in RBD. Someone writing the help was clearly thinking -- and offering guidance -- that the 32-bit version is a hard and fast requirement but elsewhere it is more of a suggestion and a workaround for 64-bit is offered.

BTW, I know from working with EGL Dojo Mobile in EDT why the limitation is there (lack of 64-bit support in XulRunner). Hopefully an upcoming release will incorporate the now-available 64-bit compatible XulRunner. Any idea when we might see this?

Dan

Updated on 2014-05-15T18:24:16Z at 2014-05-15T18:24:16Z by dan_darnell
  • markevans
    markevans
    2807 Posts

‏2014-05-15T17:13:12Z  

Mark,

Maybe related to 64-bit RBD? The help for EGL Dojo Mobile says "Ensure that you have installed the 32-bit version of Rational Business Developer" but also, in another spot,  "For 64-bit RBD, the result can only be previewed outside of RBD with a browser like Chrome, Firefox, or Safari."

I am successfully using 64-bit RBD with EGL Dojo Mobile but only when following that latter bit of advice to use an external browser for preview/debug.

I don't know what using the 64-bit version would have to do with the sample not installing from the help but I think maybe you guys were of two minds when it came to the EGL Dojo Mobile support in RBD. Someone writing the help was clearly thinking -- and offering guidance -- that the 32-bit version is a hard and fast requirement but elsewhere it is more of a suggestion and a workaround for 64-bit is offered.

BTW, I know from working with EGL Dojo Mobile in EDT why the limitation is there (lack of 64-bit support in XulRunner). Hopefully an upcoming release will incorporate the now-available 64-bit compatible XulRunner. Any idea when we might see this?

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the input and the question.  I have asked one of the developers to look into it.

Mark

• dwkey
    dwkey
    203 Posts

‏2014-05-26T07:40:16Z  

On RBD V9.1,  I can import the "EGL Dojo mobile widgets" sample from the sample list directly.

• markevans
    markevans
    2807 Posts

‏2014-05-27T17:52:18Z  
    • dwkey
    • ‏2014-05-26T07:40:16Z

On RBD V9.1,  I can import the "EGL Dojo mobile widgets" sample from the sample list directly.

Thanks for letting the forum know.