• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-04T17:09:06Z by krish_IN
krish_IN
krish_IN
4 Posts

Pinned topic how to configure JPA Time-based updater

‏2013-08-03T17:57:48Z |

Hi, 

Can any one please tell me how to configure JPA Time-based updater to a remote Grid with multiple partitions.

When I configure JPA Time-based updater with singe partition in a remote Grid, it is working fine for me but when i configure with multiple partitions, DBUpate Agent fails to get the update the from the Data base.

I have used OpenJPA as Persistence provider.

please advice me on this issue.

thanks,

Gokul

• jhanders
    jhanders
    265 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: how to configure JPA Time-based updater

‏2013-08-04T13:35:56Z  
    • krish_IN
    • ‏2013-08-04T12:55:15Z

Thanks for your reply Anderson.

You are right, I am using EntityManger API to query the Grid. And you mean that there is no issue when we query with ObjectMap API. Right ?

Let me try with ObjectMap API.

Thanks

Gokul

Gokul,

Yes with ObjectMap you will not see this issue.  It is specific to using EntityManager.  In general we see that most customers are using ObjectMap instead of EntityManager and would encourage you to use ObjectMap.

Jared

• jhanders
    jhanders
    265 Posts

‏2013-08-04T12:06:50Z  

Gokul,

If this relates to PMR 60348,180,000 where when you use EntityManager API instead of ObjectMap API, the DBUpdate Agent fails, an APAR was created for this problem and a fix will be provided early next week.  We will continue tracking this problem with the PMR unless your question does not relate to that PMR.

I hope that helps.

Jared Anderson

• krish_IN
    krish_IN
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-04T12:55:15Z  
    • jhanders
    • ‏2013-08-04T12:06:50Z

Gokul,

If this relates to PMR 60348,180,000 where when you use EntityManager API instead of ObjectMap API, the DBUpdate Agent fails, an APAR was created for this problem and a fix will be provided early next week.  We will continue tracking this problem with the PMR unless your question does not relate to that PMR.

I hope that helps.

Jared Anderson

You are right, I am using EntityManger API to query the Grid. And you mean that there is no issue when we query with ObjectMap API. Right ?

Thanks

Gokul

• jhanders
    jhanders
    265 Posts

‏2013-08-04T13:35:56Z  
    • krish_IN
    • ‏2013-08-04T12:55:15Z

Thanks

Gokul

Gokul,

Yes with ObjectMap you will not see this issue.  It is specific to using EntityManager.  In general we see that most customers are using ObjectMap instead of EntityManager and would encourage you to use ObjectMap.

Jared

• krish_IN
    krish_IN
    4 Posts

‏2013-08-04T17:09:06Z  
    • jhanders
    • ‏2013-08-04T13:35:56Z

Gokul,

Jared

yup, i agree but querying the Grid using EntityManager looks easy when we work with composite keys :) . 

thanks for your solution, will use ObjectMap API.

Gokul