• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-03-29T14:21:55Z by Santanu
Santanu
Santanu
37 Posts

Pinned topic Custom Function

‏2019-03-27T10:40:49Z |

Hi,

I have ITX 9.0.0.2 design studio installed in my desktop.I am trying to create custom function.

Can you please tell me, do i need to install ITX SDK along with design studio to create custom function as i read some topic in the discusion forum to install ITX SDK so that it will get runmerc.h and other files.

Also i want to know how to generate dll file from .c file? do i need to install Visual studio or any freeware C compiler like Turbo C etc can be used to generate dll file.

Thanks

Santanu

• PaulBrett
    PaulBrett
    336 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Custom Function

‏2019-03-29T11:55:43Z  

I installed Design Studio, then :

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express

Microsoft Windows SDK v7.1

Then I modified the 'Windows SDK 7.1 Command Prompt' shortcut, adding /x64 to the end of the command it calls, then executed it....to ensure I was building for 64 bit architecture.

I changed to the C:\IBM\Transformation Extender 9.0.0\function_libs directory, and then into the new sub-directory where my .c file was (which was created by Design Studio during the 'new function' process).

The command 'nmake' then created the .DLL file for me fully automatically.  When moved to the C:\IBM\Transformation Extender 9.0.0\function_libs directory, it behaved as expected in both Design Studio, and runtime.

Do you think that I should create a video of this process?

Thank you.

Paul

Follow me on Twitter

Updated on 2019-03-29T11:56:22Z at 2019-03-29T11:56:22Z by PaulBrett
  • PaulBrett
    PaulBrett
    336 Posts

‏2019-03-29T11:55:43Z  

Then I modified the 'Windows SDK 7.1 Command Prompt' shortcut, adding /x64 to the end of the command it calls, then executed it....to ensure I was building for 64 bit architecture.

I changed to the C:\IBM\Transformation Extender 9.0.0\function_libs directory, and then into the new sub-directory where my .c file was (which was created by Design Studio during the 'new function' process).

The command 'nmake' then created the .DLL file for me fully automatically.  When moved to the C:\IBM\Transformation Extender 9.0.0\function_libs directory, it behaved as expected in both Design Studio, and runtime.

Thank you.

Paul

Follow me on Twitter

Updated on 2019-03-29T11:56:22Z at 2019-03-29T11:56:22Z by PaulBrett
  • Santanu
    Santanu
    37 Posts

‏2019-03-29T14:21:55Z  
    • PaulBrett
    • ‏2019-03-29T11:55:43Z

Thank you.

Paul

Follow me on Twitter

Thanks a lot Paul for your time and support