S8G3_Navin_Kashyap
S8G3_Navin_Kashyap
17 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to recon ersponsor attribute using IDI Data Feed

‏2013-09-01T13:35:54Z |

Hello All,

Problem Description:

I have a Managed Recource as SQL View.

I am developing IDI Data Feed Service as per the example given in ITIM installation folder.
Thie IDI Feed Service connects to this View to create user profiles in Tivoli Identity Manager.
Now in Assembly Line, I have done the mapping of "ersponsor" work attribute with "Sponsor_Name" column of the SQL view.
This column( i.e Sponsor_Name) of view contains Full name of employees who are available in ITIM as employees.

At the time of Reconciliation of this service, I am unable to get the ersponsor in created profiles.

I have verified the full names in ITIM profiles exactly matches with the full name of "Sponsor_name" column of view.

Kindly help me in this regards with your kind suggestions to overcome from the issue.

Best Regards,

Navin Kashyap

IAM consultant

• franzw
    franzw
    339 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to recon ersponsor attribute using IDI Data Feed

‏2013-09-01T15:08:47Z  

As an IAM consultant you should know better than trusting the uniqueness of a name.... :-)

What you need to do is to lookup the unique ID of the Sponsor and then use this to lookup the erglobalid of the sponsor in ITIM and then map this to the ersponsor on the jndi/itim dmslv2 connector.

Be aware that you cannot add a person to ITIM before the sponsor is loaded - ie. you may have to either ensure this in you input sequence or eventually run the feed until all sponsors are loaded.

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen.

• franzw
    franzw
    339 Posts

‏2013-09-01T15:08:47Z  

As an IAM consultant you should know better than trusting the uniqueness of a name.... :-)

What you need to do is to lookup the unique ID of the Sponsor and then use this to lookup the erglobalid of the sponsor in ITIM and then map this to the ersponsor on the jndi/itim dmslv2 connector.

Be aware that you cannot add a person to ITIM before the sponsor is loaded - ie. you may have to either ensure this in you input sequence or eventually run the feed until all sponsors are loaded.

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen.

• S8G3_Navin_Kashyap
    S8G3_Navin_Kashyap
    17 Posts

‏2013-09-02T08:09:35Z  
    • franzw
    • ‏2013-09-01T15:08:47Z

HTH

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen.

Thanks a lot Franz for your prompt response and support as usual.
    I need to add one JNDI lookup connector to search ersponsor.

Best Regards,

Navin Kashyap

• franzw
    franzw
    339 Posts

‏2013-09-02T08:14:40Z  
    Thanks a lot Franz for your prompt response and support as usual.
    I need to add one JNDI lookup connector to search ersponsor.

Best Regards,

Navin Kashyap

No need to use jndi for lookup - here ldap is perfectly safe as it is read only - ldap works much easier and efficient for read/lookup.

But you should never write directly to ITIM ldap directly - that may give integrity problems.

Regards

Franz Wolfhagen