1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-10T19:28:32Z by OpherB
SalCognos
SalCognos
45 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cubes upgrade from cognos 8.4.1 to cognos 10.1

‏2013-05-10T08:18:52Z |

Hello

I am performing an upgrade from Cognos 8.4.1 to Cognos 10.1 by taking a cold backup of the Cognos 8.4.1 content store and restoring this backup content store database as new database in Cognos 10.1 environment.

In our production environment, we are running 3 jobs for Daily, Preliminary Monthly Closing and Final Monthly Closing using IBM Datastage that makes use of the .bat files for cube creation using the Batch File created in Cognos 8.4.1 Powerplay Transformer.

My question is I want to check with someone whether the batch files created in Cognos 8.4.1 using Powerplay Transformer will automatically upgrade to Cognos 10.1 environment while doing the content store backup from the cognos 8.4.1 environment and restoring it to cognos 10.1 environment.  Should we have to re-create all this batch files again in Cognos 10.1 after upgrade.

I look forward with your suggestions

Regards

Saleel

• OpherB
    OpherB
    664 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cubes upgrade from cognos 8.4.1 to cognos 10.1

‏2013-05-10T19:28:32Z  in response to SalCognos

I think expecting your .bat files to "...automatically upgrade to Cognos 10.1 environment while doing the content store..." is pretty impractical. First, the .bat files are not in the content store and secondly the .bat files are YOURS and not from Cognos.

I suggest you review the Transformer User Guide, Chapter 8. There are new ways to do PowerCube publishing and you should update your processes to use the new ways.

Good luck,
    Opher