Topic
No replies
GWMG_Curtis_d'Entremont
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to suppress classloader warnings due to Derby

‏2013-11-11T20:20:43Z |

Hello,

I'm using Derby in my application, and derby comes as derby.jar + a whole bunch of derbyLocale_**.jars, one for each locale. The derby.jar has a dependency on these jars in its MANIFEST.MF:

Class-Path: derbyLocale_cs.jar derbyLocale_de_DE.jar derbyLocale_es.jar...

But I don't want or need these locale jars so I exclude them. However the Liberty classloader picks up the missing dependency and complains in the console, as it probably should, with many lines like this:

[WARNING ] SRVE9967W: The manifest class path derbyLocale_cs.jar can not be found in jar file file:/C:/Users/Curtis/Workspaces/webui/webui.dependencies/third-party-libs/lib/jdbc/derby.jar or its parent.
[WARNING ] SRVE9967W: The manifest class path derbyLocale_de_DE.jar can not be found in jar file file:/C:/Users/Curtis/Workspaces/webui/webui.dependencies/third-party-libs/lib/jdbc/derby.jar or its parent.
[WARNING ] SRVE9967W: The manifest class path derbyLocale_es.jar can not be found in jar file file:/C:/Users/Curtis/Workspaces/webui/webui.dependencies/third-party-libs/lib/jdbc/derby.jar or its parent.

Is there a way I can suppress these warnings to tell Liberty to not flag warnings?  Or is modifying the manifest to remove the dependency the best way?

Thanks,
Curtis