• Latest Post - ‏2014-05-29T05:02:28Z by summy+vikku
summy+vikku
summy+vikku
2 Posts

Pinned topic ltfs- installing in ubuntu

‏2014-05-20T05:21:59Z |

Hi , 

I am trying to install LTFS single drive edition on ubuntu 13.04,

i followed the installation instructions given along with the source code.

i am struck at this ...after executing the "./configure "

i got this error 

checking for UUID_MODULE... configure: error: Package requirements (uuid >= 1.36) were not met:

No package 'uuid' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables UUID_MODULE_CFLAGS
and UUID_MODULE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

i installed the uuid package still the same error  persists.what does the PKG_CONFIG_PATH means, how to adjust that ,what should i  set it to ?

• Atsushi Abe
    Atsushi Abe
    3 Posts

Re: ltfs- installing in ubuntu

‏2014-05-26T04:23:50Z  

Hi,

First of all, I believe LTFS SDE provided from IBM requires lin_tape driver. You may need to build the lin_tape driver on your environment by yourself because the lin_tape doesn't support Ubuntu officially. (I don't know it is buildable and it works file on Ubuntu)

Next, I think you need to install "uuid-dev" package for compiling LTFS SDE on Ubuntu.

• summy+vikku
    summy+vikku
    2 Posts

Re: ltfs- installing in ubuntu

‏2014-05-29T05:02:28Z  

Hi,

First of all, I believe LTFS SDE provided from IBM requires lin_tape driver. You may need to build the lin_tape driver on your environment by yourself because the lin_tape doesn't support Ubuntu officially. (I don't know it is buildable and it works file on Ubuntu)

Next, I think you need to install "uuid-dev" package for compiling LTFS SDE on Ubuntu.

Hi ,

Can u explain me what lin_tape driver is ?.

i installed  "uuid-dev " package in ubuntu ,i still couldn't compile LTFS SDE on ubuntu.