Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-08T18:50:52Z by ivfibm
ivfibm
ivfibm
13 Posts

Pinned topic Blade center S: disks storage not appear in "Storage Configuration manager"

‏2013-06-03T18:45:16Z |

Hi!

I have an error : blade server lost connection with storage hard disk.

I send amm service data to ibm support and they said :

"You zone was defaulted . Reapply your zone configuration"

I dont know how to reapply zone configuration .

Another BIG problem is :

When I used "Storage Configuration Manager" and I want to edit

a predefineted zone configuration

I can see the images :

-image with Blades bays,

-image with external port i/o bay 3 and external ports i/o bay 4

but the images with "Disks in Storage Module1" and "Disk in Storage module 3" are missing

So I can map blade server to external port of i/o module 3 and i/o moduke 4

But I CANNOT MAP blade server to disk form storage module 1 or storage module 2

Please help!

Updated on 2013-06-03T18:47:07Z at 2013-06-03T18:47:07Z by ivfibm
  • Josh_Corder
    Josh_Corder
    94 Posts

Re: Blade center S: disks storage not appear in "Storage Configuration manager"

‏2013-06-03T19:04:15Z  

Are you using the RAID storage modules or the SAS connectivity modules?  

You cannot edit any of the predefined zone configurations.  You must use the user defined zones.  If you are using the RAID modules, you cannot edit any of the zoning directly and must map the disk to LUNs, LUNs to volumes, volumes to WWNs, etc using either the command line or SCM.  

To reapply the zone go to the AMM web interface, storage tasks, zoning and select the one you want to apply.  Or use zoneconfig apply X where X is the zone in question from the command line of the storage module.  If you are using the SAS connectivity modules, you must do this for each module. 

• ivfibm
    ivfibm
    13 Posts

‏2013-06-04T17:04:43Z  

Are you using the RAID storage modules or the SAS connectivity modules?  

You cannot edit any of the predefined zone configurations.  You must use the user defined zones.  If you are using the RAID modules, you cannot edit any of the zoning directly and must map the disk to LUNs, LUNs to volumes, volumes to WWNs, etc using either the command line or SCM.  

To reapply the zone go to the AMM web interface, storage tasks, zoning and select the one you want to apply.  Or use zoneconfig apply X where X is the zone in question from the command line of the storage module.  If you are using the SAS connectivity modules, you must do this for each module. 

Thanks for your answer!

Even I use the user defined zone ,  the images with "Disks in Storage Module1" and "Disk in Storage module 3" are missing

I have 2 SAS Raid Controller Module(with SAS Switch and Raid Controller) one  in i/o module 3 and other in I/o module 4.

I dont know how create LUN's and map the hard disk to luns.

If I want to acces with SCM(add host) - raid controller ,  I receive error : "cannot connect cek ip adress, login or tcp port",

even IP adress and  user and password is ok and I can ping from AMM the raid controller

• Josh_Corder
    Josh_Corder
    94 Posts

‏2013-06-04T18:01:36Z  
    • ivfibm
    • ‏2013-06-04T17:04:43Z

Thanks for your answer!

Even I use the user defined zone ,  the images with "Disks in Storage Module1" and "Disk in Storage module 3" are missing

I have 2 SAS Raid Controller Module(with SAS Switch and Raid Controller) one  in i/o module 3 and other in I/o module 4.

I dont know how create LUN's and map the hard disk to luns.

If I want to acces with SCM(add host) - raid controller ,  I receive error : "cannot connect cek ip adress, login or tcp port",

even IP adress and  user and password is ok and I can ping from AMM the raid controller

are you connecting to the RAID controller side or the SAS switch side?

• ivfibm
    ivfibm
    13 Posts

‏2013-06-05T18:24:17Z  

are you connecting to the RAID controller side or the SAS switch side?

I send you in atach file how I proceed

Attachments

• DanXtrate
    DanXtrate
    1 Post

‏2013-06-07T07:45:02Z  

Just a small thing you should try: Run the Storage Configuration Manager in Windows XP, it's not yet supported in Windows 7. It would work, but with intermittent issues. 

• ivfibm
    ivfibm
    13 Posts

‏2013-06-16T05:40:31Z  
    • DanXtrate
    • ‏2013-06-07T07:45:02Z

Just a small thing you should try: Run the Storage Configuration Manager in Windows XP, it's not yet supported in Windows 7. It would work, but with intermittent issues. 

Finally I discover my problem:

both batery backup unit ,from both SAS raid controller module,

have to replacement

(led of front of bladecenter  - Lit (amber) - Fault )

Do you know some price for batery backup module?

Thanks!

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    1150 Posts

‏2013-06-16T10:43:23Z  
    • ivfibm
    • ‏2013-06-16T05:40:31Z

have to replacement

Thanks!

Dear vic,

see the Web price:

IBM BladeCenter S SAS RAID Controller Module Battery
    IBM Web price*
    *$785.76* ex-GST
    http://www-304.ibm.com/shop/asiapacific/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/default/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-554&storeId=554&langId=554&dualCurrId=89&categoryId=4611686018425016404&productId=4611686018426022500

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

• Guy Kempny
    Guy Kempny
    18 Posts

‏2013-07-07T11:30:38Z  
    • ivfibm
    • ‏2013-06-16T05:40:31Z

have to replacement

Thanks!

Not only would the LEDs be warning on the front of the media tray, there would have been alerts in the AMM. Did you see these by any chance?

• ivfibm
    ivfibm
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-08T18:50:52Z  

Not only would the LEDs be warning on the front of the media tray, there would have been alerts in the AMM. Did you see these by any chance?

No in AMM is not alert about this

but in figure 2 from atached file , both led are always AMBER(fault led)