Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-10-06T06:06:38Z by SatyaKundum
SuryaManojBollapragada
2 Posts

Pinned topic Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [PreviewFilter]: could not be initialized.

‏2013-10-25T07:55:19Z | 500 error previewfilter

Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [PreviewFilter]: could not be initialized.

Last time it is working properly, After restarting I face the above  issue. Before this I made certain changes in wimconfig file  

• jim.barnes
    jim.barnes
    1063 Posts

Re: Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [PreviewFilter]: could not be initialized.

‏2013-10-25T11:56:38Z  

well the most likely something is not correct in the wimconfig but we would need to see the whole trace to know exactly what was wrong

• SuryaManojBollapragada
    2 Posts

Re: Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [PreviewFilter]: could not be initialized.

‏2013-10-25T15:26:52Z  

well the most likely something is not correct in the wimconfig but we would need to see the whole trace to know exactly what was wrong

Please find the attached LogFile.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• jim.barnes
    jim.barnes
    1063 Posts

‏2013-10-25T16:08:07Z  

Please find the attached LogFile.

Thanks in advance.

so what ever happened, happened before the start of this file, you want to get from the time it starts until it says server open

something is failing to initialize(most likely wim, had the same problem the other day after doing some realm additions)  and once I removed the incorrect fields it started

it should tell you what it is having problems with but this log does not capture that

• SachinNaidu
    SachinNaidu
    4 Posts

‏2014-03-26T14:37:00Z  

so what ever happened, happened before the start of this file, you want to get from the time it starts until it says server open

something is failing to initialize(most likely wim, had the same problem the other day after doing some realm additions)  and once I removed the incorrect fields it started

it should tell you what it is having problems with but this log does not capture that

Hi All,

I am not sure whether you got the answer for this query or not, as it was quite a long time now.

However, I also face the same issue while working on it , and I just wanted to check if you are changing anything with your "logout.explicit.filterchain " change property, here the key should be the same as "logout.explicit.filterchain" and it should not be manipulated.

Thanks

• SachinNaidu
    SachinNaidu
    4 Posts

‏2014-03-26T14:38:46Z  

Hi All,

I am not sure whether you got the answer for this query or not, as it was quite a long time now.

However, I also face the same issue while working on it , and I just wanted to check if you are changing anything with your "logout.explicit.filterchain " change property, here the key should be the same as "logout.explicit.filterchain" and it should not be manipulated.

Thanks

• SachinNaidu
    SachinNaidu
    4 Posts

‏2014-03-26T14:39:10Z  

Hi All,

Thanks

• SachinNaidu
    SachinNaidu
    4 Posts

‏2014-03-26T14:40:20Z  

Hi All,

Thanks

• SatyaKundum
    SatyaKundum
    1 Post

‏2014-10-06T06:06:38Z  

Hi All,

Thanks

• Hi,
    • I would like to share the experience that I faced today with this Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [PreviewFilter]: could not be initialized.
    • I changed the default JNDI Name, In portal server 8 that is jdbc/wpdbDS to some other name that is MyJNDI.
    • Untill, I restart the server I will not face any issues, When I restart the server and open WPS console portal server sent the above error message.
    • By looking at the logs I identified the problem and changed reset the JNDI as same as earlier(To jdbc/wpdbDS) and stopped and restarted the server. Issued got resolved.
    • By this experience, I come for a conclusion that default settings should not be changed. While server start up It loads all the default setting, theme, filters, Dynamic Cache instances etc...If it doesn't find any such default settings it throws these kind of similar error messages.
    • My experience may useful to you.