IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-18T14:27:20Z by Prasad_tem
rdean400
rdean400
10 Posts

Pinned topic Custom User Registry for WAS Liberty

‏2013-10-06T22:00:56Z |

I have a Custom User Registry that my company currently uses with full profile WAS.  I want to package it as a Liberty feature so that developers could test our applications on Liberty.

I found the article "Creating a custom user registry as a Liberty user feature," the sample, and various articles in the Infocenter to help with the process.

Following the blog post, I run into a problem at step 2.3.  When I add the ManagedService interface to my activator, I get an error.  The "org.osgi.services.cm" package isn't available to my project.  Adding it to the Import-Package statement in the bundle manifest gives me the error "No available bundle exports package 'org.osgi.services.cm'".

How do I resolve this issue?  Is there something I need to add to my build path (or to a maven pom)?

• AlexMulholland
    AlexMulholland
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Custom User Registry for WAS Liberty

‏2013-10-07T04:08:13Z  

Hello,

It looks like you need to add the Liberty SPI classes to the project class path.

By default, WDT will put the product API classes on each project class path for application development; if you want to access SPI classes you need to change the target runtime in eclipse to include the SPI:

Eclipse Preferences -> Plugin Development -> Target Platform -> select WebSphere Application Server 8.5 Liberty Profile with SPI

I hope this fixes the problem,

Regards, Alex.

• AlexMulholland
    AlexMulholland
    32 Posts

‏2013-10-07T04:08:13Z  

Hello,

It looks like you need to add the Liberty SPI classes to the project class path.

By default, WDT will put the product API classes on each project class path for application development; if you want to access SPI classes you need to change the target runtime in eclipse to include the SPI:

Eclipse Preferences -> Plugin Development -> Target Platform -> select WebSphere Application Server 8.5 Liberty Profile with SPI

Regards, Alex.

• rdean400
    rdean400
    10 Posts

‏2013-10-07T11:09:40Z  

Hello,

Regards, Alex.

That worked.  Thank you very much for the prompt response. :-)

• Prasad_tem
    Prasad_tem
    4 Posts

‏2013-11-18T10:22:29Z  

Hello,

Regards, Alex.

Hello,

How to include the SPI classes? It will be helpful if you can elaborate.

Which jars do we need to add and do we need to download it separetely?

OR do we have a different runtime with SPI ?

Please provide update.

Thanks,

Prasad

• Prasad_tem
    Prasad_tem
    4 Posts

‏2013-11-18T11:41:08Z  

Hello,

How to include the SPI classes? It will be helpful if you can elaborate.

Which jars do we need to add and do we need to download it separetely?

OR do we have a different runtime with SPI ?

Please provide update.

Thanks,

Prasad

Hello,

I was using 8.5 and probably that was the reason why I was not able to get the SPI classes. I have now downloaded 8.5.5 and I found the SPI classes at the below location.

"wlp-developers-runtime-8.5.5.1\wlp\dev\spi\spec"

Thanks,

Prasad

• Prasad_tem
    Prasad_tem
    4 Posts

‏2013-11-18T13:41:50Z  
    • rdean400
    • ‏2013-10-07T11:09:40Z

That worked.  Thank you very much for the prompt response. :-)

Hello,

Which other changes did you have to do to get it working? I am also having the similar situation wherein we are moving to a liberty profile and we need to implement custom registry.

When I tried to add  this tag "<customUserRegistry.." in server.xml it says it is an invalid content.

can you please provide more information?

Thanks,

Prasad

• rdean400
    rdean400
    10 Posts

‏2013-11-18T13:59:18Z  

Hello,

Which other changes did you have to do to get it working? I am also having the similar situation wherein we are moving to a liberty profile and we need to implement custom registry.

When I tried to add  this tag "<customUserRegistry.." in server.xml it says it is an invalid content.

can you please provide more information?

Thanks,

Prasad

I don't have a custom user registry working yet.  The answer gave me the information I needed to construct a registry.  My particular registry depends upon some open source libraries, and I haven't decided how I want to deal with those yet.

• Prasad_tem
    Prasad_tem
    4 Posts

‏2013-11-18T14:27:20Z  
    • rdean400
    • ‏2013-11-18T13:59:18Z

I don't have a custom user registry working yet.  The answer gave me the information I needed to construct a registry.  My particular registry depends upon some open source libraries, and I haven't decided how I want to deal with those yet.

Hello,

Thanks for update. Are you clear on step 2.4

"Register the services. Add processing so that user and groups files defined in the server.xml file are passed to the FileRegistrySample.java file. The Liberty profile configuration is managed by the OSGi Configuration Admin service and can be accessed according to the OSGi Configuration Admin service specification."

How do we register the services? and how to pass the args to custome registry? server.xml isnot accepting the tag with custom content.

any idea ?

Thanks,

Prasad