Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-19T09:30:44Z by RichardM90
RichardM90
RichardM90
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic EGLCE JSON response in error caused by double quote

‏2013-11-18T16:21:01Z |

This is a real shot in the dark but someone may well be able to put me out of my misery.

I've used EGLCE to develop a simple SOAP web service test rig for an RPGLE IWS solution I'm working on.

On the whole it's working well however I am getting a problem with some XML data I'm preparing and returning.

My web service RPG program is returning XML data. When I prepare my XML data I escape certain characters < is converted to &lt;, & is converted to &amp;, etc. One of the characters I'm converting is the double quote character, which I'm converting to &quot;. I've debugged the RPGLE program and the double quote is converted as I expect in to my response field.

When the response field is returned to my EGL test rig the &quot; has been converted back to a " in the JSON response and the application throws an exception error [CRRUI3655E] An error occurred while processing response object.

This may be a bug in EGLCE or I may have misunderstood how this should work.

I have tested my web service through another route, and the data is returned as I expect with the &quot; in the returned XML message.

Has anyone else come across this problem? Is it easily solved?

Richard

  • PengFeiYu
    PengFeiYu
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

    Re: EGLCE JSON response in error caused by double quote

    ‏2013-11-19T05:38:48Z  in response to RichardM90

    Hi,

    It looks like a little bit similar to one APAR of RBD: PM96237 (temporarily not public available): Value double quote is not correctly handel by EGL Rich UI when  using RESTfull service, which was already fixed in RBD.

    Thanks & Regards

    • RichardM90
      RichardM90
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

      Re: EGLCE JSON response in error caused by double quote

      ‏2013-11-19T09:30:44Z  in response to PengFeiYu

      OK, I was hoping there might be a small tweak I could make to solve the problem but thanks for checking.

      I don't have RBD so can't test the web service there, and my service is definitely a SOAP service.

      Richard