IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this community and its apps will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2019-07-22T07:14:33Z by Atanu
Atanu
Atanu
208 Posts

Pinned topic How to enable case management feature in IBM BAW v18.0.0.1 ?

‏2019-07-19T17:54:15Z | baw

Hi Guys,

I have installed IBM Business Automation Workflow Enterprise v18.0.0.1 (IBM Business Automation Workflow Advanced Workflow Center) but not seeing the Case Management feature from Process Center.

Does it need any configuration to be enabled ? 

Thank you in advance.

- Atanu Roy

• JoeWarner
    JoeWarner
    71 Posts

Re: How to enable case management feature in IBM BAW v18.0.0.1 ?

‏2019-07-21T09:15:02Z  

I assume that you are not referring to the Case Management toolkit that IBM shipped with an earlier version (this was initially a chargeable item. then I think they bundled it for a couple of releases before finally deprecating it and then stopping shipping it).

So, I take it you are referring to what was IBM Case Manager (previously known as Filenet) which is now bundled in BAW. Unfortunately despite impressions to the contrary BAW does not really combine these products - rather it combines their licences. But if you want Case Manager (Filenet) then you still have to install it as a separate product/component (probably on a separate server). It comes with its own range of portals and it is not accessible from the Process Center (just as BPM isn't accessible from any of the Case Manager components). Sadly it isn't really correct to think of Case Management as a "feature" of BAW.

Doubtless things will come along that present a more unified interface into BPM & Case Management that allow you to consider them as separate "features" of BAW but I don't believe that we have reached that point as yet.

• Atanu
    Atanu
    208 Posts

Re: How to enable case management feature in IBM BAW v18.0.0.1 ?

‏2019-07-22T07:14:33Z  
    • JoeWarner
    • ‏2019-07-21T09:15:02Z

I assume that you are not referring to the Case Management toolkit that IBM shipped with an earlier version (this was initially a chargeable item. then I think they bundled it for a couple of releases before finally deprecating it and then stopping shipping it).

So, I take it you are referring to what was IBM Case Manager (previously known as Filenet) which is now bundled in BAW. Unfortunately despite impressions to the contrary BAW does not really combine these products - rather it combines their licences. But if you want Case Manager (Filenet) then you still have to install it as a separate product/component (probably on a separate server). It comes with its own range of portals and it is not accessible from the Process Center (just as BPM isn't accessible from any of the Case Manager components). Sadly it isn't really correct to think of Case Management as a "feature" of BAW.

Doubtless things will come along that present a more unified interface into BPM & Case Management that allow you to consider them as separate "features" of BAW but I don't believe that we have reached that point as yet.

Many thanks for your time and explaination. 

Yes, you are absolutely correct from product features perspective but I was actually looking for - how to enable case manager (similar to Filenet) in BAW installation.

This feature is not automatically avaiable with default installation (advanced DE) and I was looking for below steps (I found later)  - 

1.  Enabling the case management features

2. Configuring your system for case management

Thanks again!

- Atanu Roy

Updated on 2019-07-22T07:15:09Z at 2019-07-22T07:15:09Z by Atanu