3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-28T12:48:02Z by Dragos.Cojocari
SeanF
SeanF
31 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Export Word OLE embedded table as inline Word data

‏2013-05-22T06:39:52Z |

I am exporting a DOORS module.

One of the objects contanis an OLE embedded Word table.

In the existing WEXP implementation the OLE is configured to come out as inline Word data i.e. the exported Word doc contains no indiication the table was an OLE in DOORS.

Can this be done in RPE?

If not then can the OLE be configured to come out as an OLE embedded object rather than a static picture?

I seem to remember doing this second option before but cannot find the setting to do it now.

• SeanF
    SeanF
    31 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Export Word OLE embedded table as inline Word data

‏2013-05-22T06:52:50Z  in response to SeanF

If I set the "OLE as static image" at "false" under the metadata node I get no output from the OLE objects.

If I set it to 'true' I get pictures.

I understand there is a maybe macro for converting OLE tables to inline? But I cannot use it until I solve the problem of getting no output when I set "OLE as static image" at "false"

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-23T07:09:32Z  in response to SeanF

Hi

Just an update on this.

Sean and i looked ito this in more detail and what we found was that although the document appears not to import the OLE, it does but its just not "expanded" .

To correct this, make sure you run the rpe macro as part of the generation and then all the OLE's appear.

• Dragos.Cojocari
      Dragos.Cojocari
      1604 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-28T12:48:02Z  in response to ChrisHardy68

Hey all,

when "OLE as static images" is set to "false" RPE will generate an "INCLUDEFILE" statement to RTF files that contain the OLEs. Those fields are not expanded/updated by RPE. You can make them visible by selecting the entire document, right click on the content and select "Toggle field codes" . The rpe macro will read the content of the RTF and bring the OLEs inside the final document making them visible and also making the document self contained.

Regards,

Dragos