Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-15T17:21:32Z by Goud2013
justletmepostalready
3 Posts

Pinned topic How can you see what values/parameters are being passed in a Drill-thru report?

‏2013-07-12T15:32:40Z | 10 8 bi cognos drill-thru report studio

This may sound like a dumb question but I cannot recall and it has become increasingly annoying -- does anyone know a quick way to see what the values are that are being passed either by data value or parameter value between a Source report and a Target drill-thru report???

I've been trying to debug issues with a drill-thru report and would like to see what the Parent/Source report is actually passing to the Target/Child report instead of guessing or assuming, which has been marginally successful lol. 

Thank you!

Dave

• OpherB
    OpherB
    667 Posts

Re: How can you see what values/parameters are being passed in a Drill-thru report?

‏2013-07-12T17:27:57Z  

Look in the Report Studio User Guide for how to use the Drill-through Assistant.

Good luck,
    Opher

• Goud2013
    Goud2013
    13 Posts

Re: How can you see what values/parameters are being passed in a Drill-thru report?

‏2013-07-12T20:09:05Z  

Hello

when you are selecting target report you have option  Display prompt pages in that select option Always. this will show you what parameters your are passing tthru target report. I hope you understand.if not let me know !!!

Thanks!!!

Updated on 2013-07-12T20:10:33Z at 2013-07-12T20:10:33Z by Goud2013
  • justletmepostalready
    3 Posts

‏2013-07-15T14:40:33Z  
    • Goud2013
    • ‏2013-07-12T20:09:05Z

Hello

when you are selecting target report you have option  Display prompt pages in that select option Always. this will show you what parameters your are passing tthru target report. I hope you understand.if not let me know !!!

Thanks!!!

Hi Goud2013,

I do not have any Prompt Pages in my Target report -- I do have two prompts but I know what those are passing.  The problem lies in what I am passing in my Drill-thru definitions and matching those up from my Source report to my Target report. 

If that is what you mean, can you tell me where to see these things?  In selecting my Target report--my List say, I do not see anything in Properties, nor in the container in which the report sits?  Is it a Report Option somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

• Goud2013
    Goud2013
    13 Posts

‏2013-07-15T17:21:32Z  

Hi Goud2013,

I do not have any Prompt Pages in my Target report -- I do have two prompts but I know what those are passing.  The problem lies in what I am passing in my Drill-thru definitions and matching those up from my Source report to my Target report. 

If that is what you mean, can you tell me where to see these things?  In selecting my Target report--my List say, I do not see anything in Properties, nor in the container in which the report sits?  Is it a Report Option somewhere?

Thanks for your help!

Dave

Hello,

I understand  you don't have prompt pages, when you click  one of the data item in source report to set drill throw, then you will get one window popup, in that window you will point your target report  right, underneath of that window  you will see ''Display prompt pages'' in that select option Always then say ok. Once you get source report output , then you will click on drill down here you are going to see what parameters are passing from source to target.Hope you understand.

Thanks!!