Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-03T10:13:34Z by AnthonySegelhorst
AnthonySegelhorst
AnthonySegelhorst
16 Posts

Pinned topic APM UI - Custom json - passing data

‏2013-04-30T19:36:45Z |

I am trying to build a custom dataset/widget that starts with a grid view of data from Attribute Group that has multi rows of data built from an Agent Builder.

The first page page "summary.json" lists out of the rows of data and based on the selection of data (click) I want to move to a ChartWidget showing the last 2 hours of response time data.  I have been looking at the moveToParams but not able to get filtered data on the 2nd screen.  It currently shows all rows of data instead of a filtered view based on the selection from the previous page.

We can filter the data if we use the following but we want the condition to be dynamic.

"condition":"(HTTPURL = 'www.foo.com')"

Let me know if you want me to share the json files.

Metrics:

"id": "K03MANAGED",
"columns": [
"HTTPURL",
"HTTPRSP",
"CODE",
"STATUS",
"ORIGINNODE",
"TIMESTAMP"
  • huxiaow
    huxiaow
    21 Posts

Re: APM UI - Custom json - passing data

‏2013-05-01T08:54:43Z  

The requirement is a little more complex than published (basic) customization capability.  Please suggest if the behavior of the WAS cluser in ":Mobile Banking" or the (MSCS of the "Net Banking" application in the demo matches your requirement.  On the detail page of MSCS, the "cluster nodes" (on the bottom left of the page) list all nodes. You can click a node and see the pop up widow of the detail data of the selected node.  

http://tivoliapm.demos.ibm.com/apm/index.html   

• AnthonySegelhorst
    AnthonySegelhorst
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-01T19:27:37Z  

Here is an example of what we are looking to do.  It is similar to how the transaction work in the demo page, but simpler.

If we could get the json code on this working on UX or LZ agents, I think we could build the json we need for our custom agent.

Thanks

Anthony

Attachments

• ChengQuan
    ChengQuan
    10 Posts

‏2013-05-02T03:19:19Z  

Here is an example of what we are looking to do.  It is similar to how the transaction work in the demo page, but simpler.

If we could get the json code on this working on UX or LZ agents, I think we could build the json we need for our custom agent.

Thanks

Anthony

I put a sample like your requirement here. Pls have a look at it. APMUI could support complex navigation but its guide is not published in User Guilde and the current command in user guide can not work with complex ones like my given sample. 

To make such kind of sample works with you, we might need to give some workshop or training on it. 

Let me know if you have any other question. 

thanks,

CQ

Attachments

• AnthonySegelhorst
    AnthonySegelhorst
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-02T11:24:06Z  
    • ChengQuan
    • ‏2013-05-02T03:19:19Z

I put a sample like your requirement here. Pls have a look at it. APMUI could support complex navigation but its guide is not published in User Guilde and the current command in user guide can not work with complex ones like my given sample. 

To make such kind of sample works with you, we might need to give some workshop or training on it. 

Let me know if you have any other question. 

thanks,

CQ

CQ, 

Thanks for the information.  A co-worker and I found the mixin and requestedparams and have been trying to get them to work for the last two days in the lab.

So let me verify a few things.

1.  Even if we built json code like you attached and tried to load it via customBuilder.sh the pages will not work?  

2.  We have determined the moveTo function and the customBuilder.sh do not "work" to build the json widget layout on page 2 it appears.  When we build that json file the customBuilder.sh does not like.

Let me know if you want to have an "off-line" conversation about this.

Anthony

• ChengQuan
    ChengQuan
    10 Posts

‏2013-05-02T11:46:06Z  

CQ, 

Thanks for the information.  A co-worker and I found the mixin and requestedparams and have been trying to get them to work for the last two days in the lab.

So let me verify a few things.

1.  Even if we built json code like you attached and tried to load it via customBuilder.sh the pages will not work?  

2.  We have determined the moveTo function and the customBuilder.sh do not "work" to build the json widget layout on page 2 it appears.  When we build that json file the customBuilder.sh does not like.

Let me know if you want to have an "off-line" conversation about this.

Anthony

CustomBuild cmd will not work for your requirement. 

So both are not. 

• AnthonySegelhorst
    AnthonySegelhorst
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-02T12:16:57Z  
    • ChengQuan
    • ‏2013-05-02T11:46:06Z

CustomBuild cmd will not work for your requirement. 

So both are not. 

CQ, 

Will the CustomBuild cmd work to build page2 in your example as the summary.json, so the moveTo is only the "#" which just redirects to itself?

So the summary.json is the grideWidget to show the list of data and based on the selection the ChartWidget is displayed?

This way there this is no page1 and page2, there is only a page 1.

Just looking for options that are available to us.

Anthony

• ChengQuan
    ChengQuan
    10 Posts

‏2013-05-02T14:29:21Z  

CQ, 

Will the CustomBuild cmd work to build page2 in your example as the summary.json, so the moveTo is only the "#" which just redirects to itself?

So the summary.json is the grideWidget to show the list of data and based on the selection the ChartWidget is displayed?

Anthony

Anthony,

1) "#" is meaning the navigation to its own page. 

There are 4 kinds of navigation supported in APMUI. 

a) page1 to page2, b) open a group widget tooltip/overlay, c) left side controller with right side content data changes. d) left side controller with right side page change(APMUI v7.7).  

2) If you think the way that left side list control right side content is work for you, it is doable. 

3) customBuild cmd can not finish the way you want. It needs another advanced cmd and steps to do that, which is only in development guide instead of user guide. 

I think you can think of the page navigation design first, after then we could have some workshop or conversation to make it come true with only the detail guide you need. 

thanks,

CQ

• ChengQuan
    ChengQuan
    10 Posts

‏2013-05-03T02:19:18Z  

CQ, 

Anthony

Anthony,

Some more questions about the way you prefer. 

About the page 2, does it mean the same level page like "HTTP - Detail" page in our demo?

And your proposed way is to add a new agent group widget in the Resource Dashboard near HTTP, WAS .etc. and click it to drill down to the "Page 2"?

Page 2 is the target page your want that could use the left side list to control the right side content data?

Pls let me know if my understanding above is correct? I am preparing some materials to help you to get your work done with a simple and direct way, instead of the long detail guide. 

Thanks,

CQ

• AnthonySegelhorst
    AnthonySegelhorst
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-03T02:51:19Z  
    • ChengQuan
    • ‏2013-05-03T02:19:18Z

Anthony,

Some more questions about the way you prefer. 

About the page 2, does it mean the same level page like "HTTP - Detail" page in our demo?

And your proposed way is to add a new agent group widget in the Resource Dashboard near HTTP, WAS .etc. and click it to drill down to the "Page 2"?

Page 2 is the target page your want that could use the left side list to control the right side content data?

Pls let me know if my understanding above is correct? I am preparing some materials to help you to get your work done with a simple and direct way, instead of the long detail guide. 

Thanks,

CQ

Answers to your questions:

--> Not sure I understand this question since later you reference Page 2 being the left side list to control the right side content data.  If you meant Page 1 we are thinking Page 1 would be similar to "Top 10 Transactions" under the "Transaction Dashboard".

---> YES, 

-->YES similar to "$TRANS - Transaction Details".

Ideally (more clarification):

The Group Widget on the Resource dashboard would just be a grid widget showing a real time text representation of the data.

When a user make a selection this would drill into a viewing showing them the real time data and a chart of historical data.  The user could then select any of the items to change the historical data in the views (left side controller with right side content data changes).  If the left side controller is not an option then a page like "HTTP - Detail" would work and user would have to select "Back" to change data points.  The best example of the page we are trying to build is "$TRANS - Transaction Details".

Major Goals (if the hard items are not possible)

1.  From an attribute group that produces multiple rows of data the user select a row of data and historical data chart is presented.

• ChengQuan
    ChengQuan
    10 Posts

‏2013-05-03T08:04:06Z  

Answers to your questions:

--> Not sure I understand this question since later you reference Page 2 being the left side list to control the right side content data.  If you meant Page 1 we are thinking Page 1 would be similar to "Top 10 Transactions" under the "Transaction Dashboard".

---> YES, 

-->YES similar to "$TRANS - Transaction Details".

Ideally (more clarification):

The Group Widget on the Resource dashboard would just be a grid widget showing a real time text representation of the data.

When a user make a selection this would drill into a viewing showing them the real time data and a chart of historical data.  The user could then select any of the items to change the historical data in the views (left side controller with right side content data changes).  If the left side controller is not an option then a page like "HTTP - Detail" would work and user would have to select "Back" to change data points.  The best example of the page we are trying to build is "$TRANS - Transaction Details".

Major Goals (if the hard items are not possible)

1.  From an attribute group that produces multiple rows of data the user select a row of data and historical data chart is presented.

Anthony 

Pls check the attach, and let me know if you are looking for one of the options. 

thanks,

CQ

Attachments

• AnthonySegelhorst
    AnthonySegelhorst
    16 Posts

‏2013-05-03T10:13:34Z  
    • ChengQuan
    • ‏2013-05-03T08:04:06Z

Anthony 

Pls check the attach, and let me know if you are looking for one of the options. 

thanks,

CQ

We are looking for option 2. 

Anrhony