• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-05T13:51:44Z by JBASkeen
JBASkeen
JBASkeen
137 Posts

Pinned topic EGL, Jazz Build, and RUI Deployment

‏2013-06-27T18:56:50Z |

RBD 8.5.1, WAS7, EGL RUI & Services

A couple questions here regarding build, deployment, and publishing using EGL, RBD, & RTC...

Has any support for EGL builds been included in the Jazz Build system? I have seen some old discussions on this topic and I am wondering if there is any IBM in-house solution included within Rational RBD/RTC.

Is there any preferred method for generating, deploying & publishing EGL RUIs and their WebContent without deploying directly into the target EAR? I am trying to figure out how to deploy and publish the front-end content without needing to keep the EAR local and under SCM (if possible).

I am trying to determine the best path for development (test systems) generation, deployment, and publishing for back-end EGL and front-end EGL (which seem to have two different paths). The EGL Generation guide and others provide great detail but I feel like some pieces are missing for the world of RUI deployment, maybe it's just me.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. I am new to the world builds and I am wondering how EGL RUI fits into the picture, if at all. :)

Thanks,

James

• Hsieh
    Hsieh
    705 Posts

Re: EGL, Jazz Build, and RUI Deployment

‏2013-06-28T14:45:23Z  

In a conversation with Mark Evans, there is not still intergração RTC with EGL Build, deplouing and publishing.
    I'm having this need for a client and am awaiting a solution for Rational Team.
    I hope it's soon, because the RTC is a solution very interesting and good.

Let's wait for the News.

Hsieh

• paulPilotto
    paulPilotto
    28 Posts

‏2013-07-02T08:06:24Z  
    • Hsieh
    • ‏2013-06-28T14:45:23Z

In a conversation with Mark Evans, there is not still intergração RTC with EGL Build, deplouing and publishing.
    I'm having this need for a client and am awaiting a solution for Rational Team.
    I hope it's soon, because the RTC is a solution very interesting and good.

Let's wait for the News.

Hsieh

ASIST has a solution for automated build and deploy for all EGL executable artifacts (RUI, JSF, Services, Libraries, Programs, Mapgroups, EGL Tables). We call it ASIST Build Engine (ABE). This solution is in use by several of our customers and runs today within RTC and SVN (in combination with Hudson).

Please find more information about our ABE and the optional ASIST Impact Analysis (AIA) in that attached white paper.

Don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have more questions.

Paul Pilotto

• RockyJin
    RockyJin
    2 Posts

‏2013-07-03T05:05:18Z  

James, 

Please refer to blog https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/3e2b35ae-d3b1-4008-adee-2b31d4be5c92/entry/liberty_profile_support_in_rbd_v9_0?lang=en for how to use the new ant tasks provided in v9 to integrate with RTC do continuously build.

Rocky

• Jerrycan
    Jerrycan
    29 Posts

‏2013-07-03T09:44:38Z  

And also check this blog!
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/3e2b35ae-d3b1-4008-adee-2b31d4be5c92/entry/egl_headless_build_integrated_with_rtc?lang=en

• JBASkeen
    JBASkeen
    137 Posts

‏2013-07-04T14:56:51Z  

Thanks everyone for your replies and information. I am going to do some research with these links and exploration on my end and get back to it. However, if anyone would like to give some insight on how they build, generate, deploy, and publish, especially for EGL Rich UIs, it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for solutions that occur outside the workbench/IDE. Another problem is, it seems like RUIs can only be deployed (generated to HTML) within the IDE.....hopefully I am wrong.

Thanks!

James

• Niek_Vandael
    Niek_Vandael
    43 Posts

‏2013-07-05T07:48:05Z  

Hi JBA Skeen,

RUI's can get deployed outside of the IDE, using EGLCMD within an ANT or CMD task.
    Paul hoffman created an example about this matter (without RTC connection).

Basically, it's running RBD in the background & do all build/deploy tasks using ANT.
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=b98a444c-055b-4bd4-b01c-e6a43f20cc50&ps=25

• Hsieh
    Hsieh
    705 Posts

‏2013-07-05T13:21:56Z  
    • Jerrycan
    • ‏2013-07-03T09:44:38Z

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for sharing your blog. This will be of great help

Regard,

Hsieh

• JBASkeen
    JBASkeen
    137 Posts

‏2013-07-05T13:51:44Z  

Hi JBA Skeen,

RUI's can get deployed outside of the IDE, using EGLCMD within an ANT or CMD task.
    Paul hoffman created an example about this matter (without RTC connection).

Basically, it's running RBD in the background & do all build/deploy tasks using ANT.
    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=b98a444c-055b-4bd4-b01c-e6a43f20cc50&ps=25

Thanks so much! I will take a look, getting the RUIs to deploy outside of the IDE was one of my biggest confusions. Hopefully this will get me going in the right direction. Greatly appreciated!

James